Incident Response Engineer at LogicGate
LogicGate is a SaaS company with a mission to empower every organization with the technology they need to proactively manage and transform risk into strategic opportunities. We’ve recently secured more than $100M in Series C funding to help us get there, but we also need collaborative, curious, and self-driven team members as we continue to disrupt the wide world of GRC (governance, risk, and compliance) with our G2 Grid top rated GRC Solution, LogicGate Risk Cloud.
We’re headquartered in Chicago yet have embraced a distributed work culture with employees in 25+ states. Unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at the LogicGate office, our team members are able to choose the best working style for them whether that be in the office full-time, fully remote, or a hybrid of both. We’re already a top workplace in Chicago (just ask Built In, Crain’s Chicago Business, and the Chicago Tribune), and we’re thrilled to bring our culture nationwide.
We are seeking our first Incident Response Engineer to join our small but mighty Information Security team. In this greenfield role, you will help drive our Enterprise and Product monitoring as well as our Incident Response programs. You will work closely with stakeholders across a wide variety of systems and processes to establish methods to identify emerging threats and create actionable plans for our SecOps and supporting teams to respond to effectively.
How you’ll spend your time:
- Establish our security monitoring lifecycle from initial threat to tuned and tested alert
- Work cross-collaboratively with our Engineering, IT, and other key stakeholders to define, prioritize and manage our security monitoring objectives
- Standardize our approach to incident response runbooks to ensure consistency in our approach regardless of the expertise of the responder
- Identify common attack patterns to publicly exposed aspects of our environment and contribute to the implementation of scalable preventative security measures to those patterns
- Contribute to our threat modeling and vulnerability management processes and provide context around security monitoring approaches and applicability
- Contribute and participate in our security on-call rotation
We get excited about you if you have:
- 3 to 4 years in incident response or in a cloud-focused security operations role
- Experience designing, tuning, and testing custom alerting for both cloud infrastructure as well as key SaaS technologies (Okta, GSuite, etc.) from scratch
- Passion for developing great documentation and creating incident response runbooks
- An automation-first mindset with the desire to mentor a team of cross-functional stakeholders on security monitoring best practices
What else is in it for you?
Competitive salary, stock options, and benefits are just the beginning. Our Total Rewards Package is designed to support you both in and outside of work. We offer various programs to help you grow your career, including an Emerging Leaders Program and a Continued Education Budget ($1,000 per year per employee). LogicGate aims to nurture a work environment where our teammates feel safe coming as they are, and we offer Employee Resource Groups, regular training, and conversations meant to foster a sense of belonging. Outside of work, perks like generous PTO, Summer Fridays and Health Days give you time to recharge and relax. Working with our team of 200+ might just be our best perk, though, as you’ll be working with smart, passionate people who are helping take LogicGate to the next level. Interested in joining the Herd (did we mention our mascot is a goat?)? Apply today!
We are currently working on becoming compliant with new regulations in Colorado. Until we are able to do so, this role cannot be performed in Colorado.