What we are looking for: The Industrial Engineer is responsible for leading and executing micro-factory design and efficiency for existing infrastructure improvements as well as new expansion of the micro-factory network. This person will be a core member of our Infrastructure team, and is expected to play a significant role in building, scaling, and leading this capability at Fast Radius.
About the Role:
- Lead effort responsible for efficient scaling manufacturing footprint globally
- Strategic partner to support company mission of connected network of sustainable microfactories that change the way manufactured goods are distributed globally
- Develop and deploy processes to identify efficiency and reduce waste thru microfactory design
- Design microfactory concepts of each core technology to replicate across the manufacturing network
- Partner with Internal Operations to execute on capacity model to support business objectives and customer production requirements
- Partner with Facility Project Management to implement and execute factory layout vision
- Partner with Research and Development to create implementation strategies of new technology capability needs
- Partner with Product & Software team to build software and deploy technology into factories that streamlines workflow and supports business model
- Day-to-day lead responsible for microfactory project management and build out execution
- Leveraging the Fast Radius culture to build an exceptional working environment for the team
- 5+ years of relevant experience in industrial engineering, manufacturing, or related field
- Track record of project execution and business impact
- Must be a builder - experience building factories, product lines, etc.
- Expert of LEAN/continuous improvement tools
- Knowledgeable of sustainable building practices, LEED, EPA and OSHA regulations
- Proficiency in CAD software to create robust layouts and simulations
- Experience in one or more of the following manufacturing processes: CNC Machining, Additive Manufacturing, Injection Molding, or High Volume Assembly
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize across multiple projects
- Data driven mindset
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be willing to travel to project sites regularly
- Empathetic listener, confident communicator
Who we are: We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes but for what it makes possible for the world. Our first-of-its-kind Cloud Manufacturing Platform™ represents a new, more sustainable infrastructure to design, make, and move physical goods in the digital age. Working with companies across a variety of industries – from growing startups to Fortune 500 companies – Fast Radius helps customers with all stages of the manufacturing process from new product development to ongoing part production. We have recently announced our intent to become a publicly listed company as the next step in scaling our vision for the future of design, manufacturing, and logistics. Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
What we offer: We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Fast Radius currently is unable to sponsor or transfer visas.
We are currently able to hire residents in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KA, KY, MD, MI, MN, NC, OH, OR, TN, TX, WA, WI
Read Full Job Description