Industrial Engineer - Pharmacy & Retail Operations at Walgreens
Responsible for providing moderately complex industrial engineering services for community and services, including work measurement studies, establishing baselines, analyzing the results of the work measurements for process improvements, work stations changes, work flow analysis, efficiency analysis, layout improvements and automation. Develops comprehensive productivity solutions through application of simulation, modeling, operations research, value engineering, IT, safety, and ergonomics. Responsible for interacting with key team members, as well as corporate decision makers and external vendors. Establishes, analyzes, and reports on recommendations and findings.
- Conducts work flow analyses, work measurement studies, and operational studies for community management and pharmacy services.
- Assesses the implication of new systems, performs statistical analyses to extrapolate data, and assist others in the development of scenarios for improved process flows, work content, and process times.
- Assists in conducting proof-of-concept and attends meetings with internal decision-makers and external vendors.
- Evaluates new equipment regarding application fit, specifications, features, functionality, quality of the product, length of warranty, standby support, and cost.
- Designs solutions, methods and procedures that will maximize productivity and efficiency for the entire system.
- Generates ergonomic designs that will ensure achievement of efficient motions with minimal body stress.
- Uses basic statistical analysis methods to quantify project variable relationships.
- Utilizes CAD and simulation modeling systems to construct optimal workstation, layout and process flows.
- Establishes benchmarks for Community and Pharmacy Services. Creates “best practices” for highly repetitive and labor intensive tasks.
- Develops reports on the designing, implementing, and interpreting results of productivity studies.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omni-channel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience providing comprehensive industrial engineering services and developing comprehensive productivity solutions through application of simulation, modeling, operations research, value engineering, IT, work measurement, Lean manufacturing, safety and/or ergonomics.
- At least 2 years of experience in process mapping, work flow modeling, time studies, continuous improvement processes.
- Knowledge of financial modeling and forecasting tools and methodologies and how to effectively synthesize complex data into reports and recommendations.
- Knowledge of continuous process improvement processes, procedures, and programs, such as Kaizen, Six Sigma, Lean, 5S and the appropriate application of each.
- Knowledge of CAD software systems capabilities and limitations and the appropriate application of such tools in the context of industrial engineering.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: changing picture styles, customizing animation and/or setting automatic slide timings).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: adding developer tab, creating a macro, formatting table style, inserting comments and/or creating a mail merge).
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).