Information Security Engineer, Senior at OneMain Financial
Full Job Title: Information Security Engineer, SeniorJob Number: R1805-5847Location: Chicago, IllinoisDate Posted: 06/22/2018
We are looking for a Security Engineer to join our Information Security team in our Chicago, IL, office. As a member of the Information Security team, you’ll help maintain the security posture of OneMain applications, services, and infrastructure in order to protect against security threats including intrusions, malware, system-level breaches, unauthorized access, insider attacks, and loss of proprietary information.
What we will want you to do:
- Collaborate with IT and business groups in developing and implementing solutions which meet information security standards
- Assess existing architectures and systems for opportunities to improve overall security
- Implement and manage security appliances and tools including network firewalls, WAF, vulnerability scanners, SIEM, IDS, IPS, etc
- Write code to automate security functions wherever possible, including contributing to internally developed and/or open source security tools
- Work with IT / Software Engineering teams to remediate vulnerabilities
- Automate security scanning as part of application development’s continuous integration pipeline
- Assess risk of changes for the impact to our security
- Approve access to restricted systems
- Respond to computer security incidents according to company policy
- Develop alerting capabilities for new and emerging threats across our infrastructure
- Proactive research to identify and understand new threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits
- Perform security scans of the network devices and systems
Skills or Experience we want you to have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- Expert level skills with UNIX, Linux, and/or Windows.
- Ability to program effectively in at least one language such as Python, Ruby, or Java
- Skills with application security testing tools such as Burpsuite, SQL MAP, Metasploit.
- Great ability to communicate with developers
- Interest in both breaking and building
- Ability to listen for nuances and dig into details in order to understand systems