We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a growing FinTech company that provides accessible and simple-to-understand lending products for middle-income consumers with five-star customer service. We’re growing fast with profitable returns, and new employees can make an immediate impact.
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day. We are looking for engineers who are excited by the chance to challenge the FinTech status quo.
About the Role
As a Security Operations Engineer, you’ll be one of the key players in ensuring safe outcomes for our borrowers. Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, you’ll get to work with a modern, cloud-first environment and help get it to the peak of proactive security.
What you get to do:
- Writing and managing indicator of compromise queries across Opploan's log lake
- Triage and investigate potential incidents across the corporate laptop fleet and the production environment
- Teaching the Opploans operations team how to do tier one alert triage
- Building automation for in-house network and host security testing
- Managing third-party penetration tests
- Acting as incident manager and working with external incident response and forensics teams in the event of a major incident
- Working with the operations team to ensure that programmatically-deployed infrastructure runs with the right security policies
- Implementing security orchestration for IAM and business cloud services
What you will bring to the team:
- 3+ years of experience in security operations
- Hands-on experience with:
- Working with and hardening AWS, including automation using Terraform
- Writing and triaging production security alerts against large log pools, Sumologic preferred
- Security hardening for Linux hosts and docker containers
- MISP and other community-centric threat intelligence collections
- Host policy automation using Jamf for OSX and Microsoft GPOs
- Scripting and automation in bash and python
- Experience mentoring other engineers in security
- Advocate for security across the company
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business and celebrated our fourth straight year on the Inc. 500. We’ve been named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering an outstanding experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google and the BBB! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation=.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you define your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships and ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.