M1 is an early-stage, rapidly growing company revolutionizing personal finance. The current tools used to invest, borrow, or spend your money are undershooting what's possible -- so we have created a new generation of investment and banking tools that will entirely reinvent how people interact with their money.
Our core product is a beautiful, one-of-a-kind, free investing platform. Anyone can easily create and automate their investments, borrow against a flexible portfolio line of credit, and soon, use M1 as their bank -- creating a finance experience that is totally new and incredibly exciting. There has never been an easier, more convenient, or less expensive way to control all aspects of your finances.
We manage hundreds of millions of dollars on our platform and are signing up thousands of new customers each week. But we are not done! We have ambitious plans to take on an entrenched, aging industry and bring wealth creation to everybody. Join us, and help build the future of personal finance.
M1 seeks an IT professional or DevOps engineer looking to take the next step in their career: an energetic, enthusiastic, optimistic candidate searching for a smaller organization where they can try on many different hats, create and manage new processes, and grow with us to become a manager in their own right. The individual we seek will be a T-shaped generalist with knowledge of many different parts of infrastructure and information technology, excited to deepen their knowledge of every part of the DevOps stack while equally happy to help troubleshoot Windows networking issues.
At M1, we value diversity and foster a positive, creative work environment. We seek individuals who want to enable each others' best contributions, are willing to take an active yet compassionate role in helping guide the vision of our business, and aren't afraid to become an integral component of our company. And in helping us take our business to the next level, we will do the same for your career.
- Ubuntu server administration
- CI/CD pipeline construction
- Experience with Chef or comparable configuration management tool
- Ruby, Go, and/or shell script language knowledge
- Amazon Web Services usage
- Windows/Mac IT servicing
- Postgres database administration
- Experience with managing Consul, Terraform, NGINX, elasticsearch, neo4j, OpenVPN, and/or other widely-used FOSS tools
- Kubernetes and Docker familiarity
We are happy to train the right candidate! A demonstrated ability to learn quickly and apply best practices to new problem areas is as critical a qualification as prior work experience.
- Generous compensation package, including equity in a fast-growing company
- Unlimited PTO and sick days
- WFH flexibility
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Beautiful loft office in River North, next to public transit
- A supportive, friendly workplace that will encourage you to achieve and maintain a good work/life balance
M1 is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US. Sorry, we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
M1 will not consider candidates submitted from third party recruiting firms.