Infrastructure Environment Manager at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Seeking an Environment Infrastructure Manager to lead the infrastructure integrated test environments within Discover Financial Services - Business Technology. As a member of Enterprise Software Quality Management (ESQM) practice, the manager will be leading the infrastructure environment team to support the release of innovative products with quality distinction for Discover customers.
Manager will designs and develops solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Perform systems management and integration functions. Design and develop solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Perform systems management and integration functions. Lead technical efforts and liaise with the vendor to support, integrate, and maintain test automation tools. Responsible for technical QA delivery platform of new capabilities to support continuous integration or continuous delivery in support of applications integrating with Jenkins. Work with other internal information technology teams to complete project activities, such as Infrastructure, Architecture and Database teams and serve as the technical project lead for internal projects, overseeing and reviewing the activities. Act as technical resource and participate in the change management review and problem incident report discussions. Implement capacity management as business practice for release environment management team working with other middleware and infrastructure teams.
- Manage the infrastructure changes within the ESQM test environments
- Plan and implement project code deployments and Infrastructure updates to Test environments.
- Performs root cause analysis and problem solving involving various infrastructure, such as databases, middleware platforms, and vendor applications across test environments.
- Analyzes existing procedures. Develops recommendations for improvements and strives to automate manual processes for existing tools and operations.
- Provides support for users of test environment (development and Infrastructure teams) for a particular applications/platform.
- Collaborates with Test Automation, CICD teams to improve automation capabilities.
- Perform root-cause analysis of defects to identify and implement solutions and process improvements.
- Ensure our test environments are Security Compliant.
- Drive zero defect quality and provide details on quality issues, trends and preventive actions.
- Requires the ability to lead work groups formed by several disparate teams.
- Work closely with multiple teams in an agile environment and provide mentorship to other team members when needed.
- Display an entrepreneurial mind set and seek practical ‘out of box’ solutions
Our Tech Stack:
Jenkins Enterprise, GitHub, Nexus, Gradle, Ansible, Chef & Sonar
Java, J2EE, React JS, React Native
AWS, Google Cloud Platform, MS Azure
Selenium, Appium, Cucumber, Wire Mock, JMeter
Finacle(package), Oracle, Mainframe Apps, DB2, Teradata, Abinitio
AWS - Snowflake, Maria DB, Microservices, SQL Server, .Net.
Runtime platforms (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, WebSphere, DataPower, OCP, Linux, VMware)
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 8+ years of experience in Application Development
- 2+ years of experience in supervising
- Experience with technology eco-system that supports end-to-end micro service architecture, such as, APIs, message queue, container, service registry/discovery etc.
- Experience with browser or client side monitoring/analysis tools (e.g. Gomez, Firebug, Web page test)
- Exposure to applications developed on AWS, OCP, Google Cloud, PCF or similar platforms
- Ability to read and analyze application logs, GC logs, thread dumps, head dumps etc. Experience in JVM and SQL queries performance tuning
- Ability to identify system bottlenecks and resource leaks with strong troubleshooting, problem solving & reasoning skills
- Experience working in agile/iterative development methodology. SAFe experience is preferred
- Experience on mainframe code (COBOL), JCL , DB2, CICS, VSAM, MQ, QMF, CLIST, Endevor, Smartis, and OPC Scheduler.
- Experienced with Service Virtualization using open source or commercial tools
- Exposure to technologies Micro Services, Cloud Native development, Cloud powered data analytics
- Working knowledge of REST, RPC service patterns and web sockets and other client/server interaction models is a plus
- Experience working on multiple product delivery cycles simultaneously
- Solid understanding of the Dev Ops landscape and it’s varying implementations through on-premise and cloud
- Detail oriented communication and documentation skills
- Agile, Scrum Master
- Ability to collaborate with application, technical and value stream architects and software development engineers to ensure design for quality practices and tooling are formulated and adhered
- Ability to collaborate with VP/Director for managing quality deliverables and outcomes
Strong programming skills, primarily in Java. Experience in multiple programming language is preferred
- Knowledge of ITIL standards and best practices
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.