Ingredient Innovation Scientist
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBAR cuts through the clutter with a clean ingredient deck and disruptive branding. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition has propelled RXBAR to be a major, rapidly growing player in the nutrition category.
Ingredient Innovation Scientist: The Ingredient Innovation Scientist will contribute to a best-in-class research team, enabling and supporting the objectives of all functions of the organization. The Ingredient Innovation Scientist is responsible for bridging knowledge gaps between the Research and Product Development teams to innovate novel solutions to technological hurdles while maintaining a growth mindset and data-driven approach to problem-solving.
General Functions + Responsibilities:
- Synthesize learnings from R&D projects to innovate novel ingredient applications
- Lead simultaneous projects with short and long-term timelines in a fast-paced environment; adapt timelines to troubleshoot arising priorities
- Identify and promote opportunities for continuous improvement in product development, scale-up, analytical methods, innovation technology, and personal growth
- Maintain a service mindset through collaborative relationships with external and internal customers including suppliers, research partners, Quality Control, Scientific Affairs, Customer Service, Marketing, and others
- Protect novel ideas through patents and trade secrets and stay current on the newest research and equipment
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior cohort in R&D team
- Generate project briefs, research reports, and technical updates to effectively convey recommendations to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Skills & Qualifications:
- B.S. in Food Science, Chemical Engineering or related field
- 2+ years related experience at Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) company; food and beverage experience preferred
- Creative problem-solver and ideator
- Knowledgeable in macronutrient interactions and traditional processing equipment
- Skilled in Design of Experiments, statistics, Microsoft Suite, and written/oral communication for audiences of varying technical backgrounds
- Highly adaptable and resourceful. Driven and motivated to find answers from journal articles, patents, trade organizations, university partnerships, seminars, and independent projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and a great team player
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
Please NO Recruiter or Third Party / Agency Inquiries
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.