SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Who We Are
Your career at SAP Fieldglass is what you make of it. You can forge your own path, switch business units or solve a problem that no one has before. With office space in Chicago, London and Brisbane, as well as an employee presence on 6 continents, we are a diverse global company with a family feel. Inspired by change and by each other, we take pride in our innovative culture that created and continues to shape our market-leading, best-in-class solution. At SAP Fieldglass we don’t follow trends, we set them!
- Best of both worlds: start-up culture with the backing and benefits of SAP
- Focus on continuous professional growth and development
- Promote healthy work / life balance
- Committed to our communities and the environment
- 2016 Moxie Award winner for best office space
What We Do
Businesses are racing to be more competitive in an environment where workforce is pivotal. Companies need the right talent at the right price at the right time. SAP Fieldglass accelerates the engagement of talent and provides total workforce visibility to maximize cost savings and improve worker quality. Our cloud-based, open platform has been deployed in more than 140 countries and helps companies transform how work gets done.
- Forrester Research, Inc, positions SAP Fieldglass as a leader among services procurement providers
- KellyOCG® Supplier Excellence Award Winner
The Integration Developer will be responsible for designing, developing, and delivering software modules and components of varying size and complexity related to Java technologies. In this role, the Developer will collaborate and interface with Team Leads from different departments during all phases of the SDLC. This person will also maintain and support product features in the Production, Pre-Production, and Operations environments. This is an on-site position in either Naperville or Chicago.
What You Will Do
- Develop across the full-stack on a variety of technologies including Java/Spring, Python/Flask, Node.js/Express, ReactJS, Docker containers and Kubernetes.
- Leverage the latest AWS Cloud technologies as you build and innovate.
- Embrace end-to-end ownership and DevOps practices: architect, design, code, test, deploy and monitor your software in providing direct value to our customers.
- Cooperate with and mentor other engineers and product owners in an Agile environment.
- Learn, as we move fast and are unafraid to venture into the unknown.
- Be part of a team that owns products, tools and services that help other teams deliver better software and improve our relationship with customers.
What You Need to Bring
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- 2+ years of software development experience with a solid understanding of the full software stack.
- Proven experience coding object-oriented and modularized software in a Linux or Unix environment.
- Experience building scalable, reliable and high-performing software systems.
- Experience with RESTful API design, service operation, and container technologies.
- Working knowledge of SQL databases.
- The ability to effectively communicate technical issues to all levels of the organization.
- A solid understanding and experience with software development principles and practices.