closerlook's Interactive Developer collaborates with the other members of the closerlook team to create web applications based on internally developed business requirements user interface guidelines and graphic designs. Reporting to the Lead Interactive Developer, the Interactive Developer must have the ability to turn a working knowledge of web technologies into solutions for our clients and their end users.
- Collaborate with Technical Architects and Software Engineers to integrate display- and server-side code.
- Collaborate with Interactive Design Director to meet usability goals.
- Collaborate with Designers and Art Directors to implement brand identity.
- Four-year college degree, preferably in Computer Science.
- Proficient experience with responsive web design.
- Two or more years of experience in a digital production web/multimedia environment.
- Experience in reviewing specifications and providing time estimates on the development of projects and features.
- An understanding of the World Wide Web Consortium Document Object Model.
- Practical experience using JQuery.
- Ability to both hand code HTML and also take advantage of IDEs.
- Understanding of dynamic web content and the use of server-side programming.
- Experience in optimizing web-deployed applications in varied bandwidth environments.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Macintosh client environments.
- Experience testing and de-bugging code, including cross-browser compatibility
- Active interest in staying current with standards, new developments and best practices within the development industry.
- Ability to absorb client industry issues and contribute from that perspective.
- Pixel-level attention to detail.
- Ability to take instruction as well as initiate new ideas/approaches.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work in a self-directed way as well as within a project team.
- Experience in a client-services environment is a plus.
- Previous experience working with other competencies within an agency environment.
- Ability to learn new technical skills quickly and without a tremendous amount of guidance. Must stay abreast of current technologies and be able to think of ways to apply those technologies in client industries.
- Reliability and willingness to go the extra mile to complete work.
- Concern with the quality of the work and identification with the work.
- Ability and willingness to convey technical topics, concepts and solutions to non-technical team members.
Preferred but not required
- Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, MVC and ASP.NET exposure or experience
- Familiarity with SASS
- Familiarity with Kentico or other content management systems
- Previous industry experience with healthcare or pharmaceutical industries
- Include work samples or a link to a digital portfolio that lists at least three URLs that showcase your work with an explanation of your project responsibilities.
- Applicants without a portfolio or work samples will not be considered