We’re looking for product-driven engineers who are thoughtful, responsible, and passionate builders who appreciate user experience. We’re looking for someone who is experienced in iOS development and architecture to help us take our iOS App to the next level. Someone excited to work hand-in-hand with multiple teams across our quickly-growing business. We want someone who's ready to help us push the envelope on new features, and who's ready to teach anyone on our team and learn from anyone on our team. If you’re an active user of SpotHero, we'd love to hear your feedback on the app as well!
Who we are: SpotHero is one of transportation's hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
Here are the skills we're looking for:
- Experience architecting, developing, releasing, and maintaining native iOS apps (point us to your work in the App Store, if you can!)
- Strong knowledge of Swift and Objective-C, since you will be working with both.
- Curiosity about all the new tools and toys available to iOS developers, tempered with a sense of caution about what you'll need to support in Production.
- Experience mentoring other developers.
- Strong interest in becoming a technical leader.
- Extremely strong debugging skills.
- Flexibility around the best ways to build: For example, you should neither defend to the death the notion that Storyboards are incompatible with Truth and Beauty, or conversely that they're the ONLY way to build great UI.
- Experience with unit and/or UI testing.
- Strong understanding of the Human Interface Guidelines, and an ability to converse intelligently about them with the design team.
- Ability to collaborate and work efficiently as part of a team, particularly with customer service, design/UX, product, backend, and Android.
- Strong knowledge of Git version control (bonus if you've worked with git-flow).
Bonus points if you have experience with any of the following:
- Developing location-aware iOS applications.
- Refactoring a large existing application without breaking it.
- Developing Today Widgets, Apple Watch apps, and iMessage apps.
- Hosted continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Writing or speaking about code.
- A Github account with cool projects in it.
- Building Xcode plugins, open-source frameworks, or other development tools.
- Developing for CarPlay.
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
Steps to apply:
Please include any GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, and any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.
NOTE: We are considering applications for this position from candidates not located in Chicago. However, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and able and willing to travel to Chicago on a quarterly basis.