About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
More About the Role
We are looking for an iOS Engineer to join our awesome delivery team and help us take our mobile experience to the next level. Our iOS team is a talented group of smart, humble people who are passionate about creating amazing mobile products using cutting-edge technology. Already, they have built a 100% Swift application that enables hundreds of thousands of gig economy workers to earn a living, everyday! Innovation, research and creativity are always at the forefront of what we do, so if you're excited to work on a product that is changing the way food delivery is done around the country, we look forward to receiving your application.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement, deliver, and test awesome iOS applications while understanding our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for GrubHub and Seamless brands
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we’ll need your help to do that
You Should Have
* 4+ years of experience developing in Objective-C, Swift, and related iOS Technologies along with experience in REST and foundation networking APIs
* Ability to design and architect complex UI hierarchies
* Understanding of MVVM, asynchronous/multi-threading patterns, cocoa design patterns, and other object oriented patterns/concepts
* Demonstrated skills in writing and testing (unit, automation, integration) high-quality, readable, well-architected and efficient code
* Experience building reusable frameworks in Swift
* Experience with collaborative version control (we use git)
* Experience with XML, JSON or other markup languages
* Experience with location mapping frameworks
* A creative and agile team-player with a passion for product quality and attention to the little things.
* College degree in Computer Science or a related field of study/equivalent experience
Got These? Even Better:
- Knowledge of HealthKit frameworks
- e-Commerce experience.
- Experience building software for automotive dash units
- Attends or organizes local iOS Meetups
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.