The ideal IoT Solutions Architect for Kin + Carta is innovative, passionate about bringing new experiences to life with modern software technologies, looks to continually learn, and enjoys sharing expertise. Strong verbal and written communication are a must. Experience working in an Agile Scrum development environment or in a consulting capacity is a plus.
- Responsible for the vision, strategy, and end-to-end architecture of IoT solutions
- Brings a mix of technical knowledge, business acumen, and delivery skills
- Foster the Employee Experience and growing of engineers on your project team
- Able to implement code or other solutions personally when necessary
- Champion the team’s adoption of industry leading best practices
- Ensure the satisfaction of client stakeholders
- Works to set the direction for the growth of the IoT Capability with little to no guidance
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field.
- Has spearheaded development of the IoT vision and technical strategy by setting objectives for the business and communicating that vision to key stakeholders that is both rational and deliberate.
- Has assessed the IoT target state and ensured that the target architecture for the organization addresses current and future business needs.
- Has collaborated with and enabled Solution Architects in their design and implementation of IoT solutions.
- Has developed and standardized a process for IoT solutions along with guiding the evolution of and improvement of that process.
- Has effectively engaged with teams across organizations to develop clear business objectives to ensure the IoT solutions integrate well with existing operations.
- Has an understanding of fullstack engineering skill sets and has experience in delivering both frontend and backend solutions.
- Embraces ambiguity
- IoT Certifications in one of the following cloud technologies:
- Azure IoT
- AWS IoT
- GCP IoT
- Minimum of 5 years in delivering with:
- Web front end technologies
- Hardware or firmware development background
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.