ThinkMarkets is a global online brokerage firm, specializing in providing multi-asset trading solutions to thousands of clients around the world. With our flagship ThinkTrader platform, we allow our clients to trade the world 24-hours a day. Our mission is to disrupt the brokerage industry by allowing access to global markets and thousands of products to allow our clients to trade the world in the palm of their hand. We use the latest technologies to give traders seamless access to our proprietary trading platforms. Our Chicago office is in the heart of the financial district in the Loop, and is made up by our Leadership, IT, Analytics, and R&D teams.
We are seeking a Java Developer - Trading Systems to join our rapidly growing global workforce in Chicago. In addition to writing successful execution code, you will be responsible for integrating with trading venues, market data sources, and various other APIs from vendors around the globe. Additionally, you will be able to exercise your quantitative abilities by delivering analytic code and servicing our internal risk management and analysis teams. If you work well across a broad range of initiatives and love writing and maintaining production-quality Java code driving a live trading platform, you will succeed in this role.
- Design and architect trading applications using Java 8
- Work closely with Front-End Developers to expose API services via RESTful services and websockets
- Select and integrate open-source frameworks such as APM, Kafka, and Ignite
- Assist in developing performance and unit testing integration into a continuous delivery pipeline
- Perform latency analysis and diagnose issues in a production trading environment
- Demonstrate ability to learn about specific financial product spaces, such as FX, Equities, and Options
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field
- 5+ years of experience developing with Java
- Experience with multithreaded systems
- Tuning of JVM-based applications
- Familiarity with modern DevOps best practices
- Familiarity with RBDMS and NoSQL data store design and implementation
- Fintech experience with live trading systems and hands-on experience FIX strongly preferred
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies, such as Java Chronicle, Disruptor, Aeron, SBE, OpenHFT libraries, off-heap JVM programming, lockless concurrency models, GC-free algorithms