Java Developer at ThinkMarkets
ThinkMarkets is looking for a motivated Java Developer with a solid mathematical background to join our Development Team. This is an exciting opportunity for a commercially minded developer with a vision to make a valuable contribution to the developing and design of a trading platform.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Write well designed, testable, and efficient code.
- Lead architecture discussions around system and database design, data integration and scalability.
- Contribute in all phases of the development life-cycle.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree, with emphasis on technology.
- 3+ years of experience as a professional Software Engineer.
- Strong knowledge of Core Java (Multithreading, Collections, Interfaces, etc.).
- Knowledge of algorithms, data structures and design patterns.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases (Esp. MySQL).
- Experience with Hibernate.
- Web application development experience with Tomcat, JSPs, Servlets.
- Exposure to source code management tools – GIT.
- Good experience with IDEs and build tools - Eclipse, Intellij, Maven, Ant.
- Working knowledge of Linux, including shell scripts.
- Detailed oriented, analytical mindset, highly effective at decision making.
- Experience in Spring Framework and Web-Sockets
- Experience Integrating with FIX API's providers.
- Experience in the financial industry would be beneficial.