Java Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase
The Graphite Payments Core Technology Team in Wholesale Payments is focused on providing innovative payment solutions that will facilitate the growth and achieve operational efficiency. You will work with cloud based, and distributed storage, and caching technologies to enable new and improve existing high volume, low latency payment systems. We value creative innovators who are analytical thinkers with a bias for action that solves problems. We use design thinking and agile processes to ensure that what we build aligns with the market's rapidly evolving expectations. When you join us, you will be part of a global team of inspiring and curious technologists that are dedicated to modern software delivery processes like continuous delivery, operational visibility and automation.
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering team, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment - one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Significant experience working as a hands-on backend Software Engineering
- Proficiency in modern programming OOP languages Java, C++
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, and software improvement
- Design, develop, code, test, debug and document applications to satisfy requirements
- Produce high quality code utilizing Test Driven Development techniques
- Proficiency in JAVA/J2EE, frameworks, database and testing tools
Tech Stack and Essential skills:
- Excellent Core Java versed in Java 1.8 and above
- Spring Boot
- REST or RPC, microservice based architectures
- SQL/relational data models with experience in Cassandra, Cockroach and noSQL structure a plus
- Software development experience in Cloud plus
- CI/CD – Git, Jenkins, Pipelines
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.