Java Software Engineer at Vail Systems, Inc.
Java Software Engineer
Vail Systems Company ProfileThe human voice is capable of conveying nuances and meaning that just can't be expressed through clicks and text messages. And for that reason, voice interactions have always had a special power to shape our perceptions and experiences. At Vail, we believe in the unique power of voice interactions to create more expressive, more intimate, and more efficient interpersonal interactions. Our experts work with Fortune 500 companies to help them serve their customers more efficiently and effectively through the use of various voice technologies. From basic network services to state-of-the-art IP telephony, to cutting edge real-time analytics, Vail technology makes millions of voice interactions better every day.
Java Software EngineerWe'd like to add a Java Software Engineer to our team and we'd like to know if you think you fit the bill. You will if you:
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- Are able to pick up new concepts quickly
- Can keep an open mind to new ideas
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Don't mind using those skills to share your best ideas
- Have an ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Aren't afraid of ambiguity and can problem-solve with little direction
- Have a positive, can-do attitude, and
- Are excited to learn new things
What you can expect to be doing:As a Java Software Engineer, you will be developing next-generation voice application solutions using the latest frameworks and tools. As a member of the Engineering team, you will design, develop and deploy application solutions for the company's expanding list of Fortune 500 clients using advanced speech and Java technologies such as the Spring framework.
- Developing components for voice applications based on call flow specifications
- Implementing VXML/JSP components, Spring WebMVC controllers and related application components
- Writing automated unit tests
- Properly documenting application code
Primary technical skills include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Practical experience in Java
Experience in one or more of the following is preferred but not necessary:
- Source Control such as GIT and SVN