Java Software Engineer at ServiceNow
Java Software Engineer
Engineering, Infrastructure and Operations Chicago, Illinois
Job Title: Java Software Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. Our cloud platform allows enterprises to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution. We’re disruptive. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We've won awards for being the most innovative company on the planet, one of the top companies driving digital transformation and selected to LinkedIn's Top Company list for 2019. This gives you a glimpse into our culture and the type of talent we look for.
At the core, our platform delivers digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity. ServiceNow is changing the way people work. ServiceNow cloud services automate, predict, digitize and optimize business processes and tasks, from IT to Customer Service to Security Operations and to Human Resources, creating a better experience for employees, users and customers while transforming the enterprise.
Our team is responsible for building a declarative platform that allows our customers to create, personalize, deploy and test rich, targeted and customized UI experiences across ServiceNow instances. We develop the platform, runtime and tools for the web experience framework and we're always adding new features to provide the best possible experience.
What you get to do in this role:
As as Java Software Engineer with the Web Experience Platform Development team, you will be building the framework that allows our customers to create innovative, elegant and high performing experiences across multiple devices.
You will use your experience building modern web experiences and your expertise in performance, architecture, and object-oriented design to push the boundaries of our platform.
You will also collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to develop new and improve on existing platform features.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
5+ years software development experience including:
- Solid understanding of Java, REST, GraphQL
- Experience with creating high performance APIs
- Experience with server-side and client-side caching strategies
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL and Oracle
- Experience with functional programming concepts
It'd be even better if you have:
- Data modeling experiences (document, relational, graph, rdf)
- Data classification experience (taxonomies, ontologies)
- Experience developing on enterprise platforms
- Experience with stylesheet languages like CSS and SASS
- Experience using GIT's Source Control system
Our technology stack:
- Web Components
Why ServiceNow is a great place to work
- A tech company from its core out. Interesting problems with freedom to solve them!
- A stocked kitchen/café including sodas, snacks, teas and coffee
- A very generous benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance
- An unlimited paid vacation policy that doesn't limit vacation or personal days
- A team that celebrates success with fun team activities including: Escape Rooms, barcades and more!
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.