VacayHome Connect is a distribution and digital marketing platform provider transforming the vacation industry through innovative solutions. The company offers a mosaic of interconnected products and services designed to grow online vacation rental businesses for resorts, professional vacation rental managers, innkeepers, and individual homeowners. The VacayHome Connect team is dedicated to bridging the gap between consumers and vacation rental accommodations.
Reports To: Chief Technology Officer
This position offers excellent growth opportunities, competitive salary & incentives, and the possibility to make an immediate impact in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Actively engage in and contribute to front-end development & support activities.
- Contribute to architecture & technical design of our UI.
- Collaborate with teammates on helping define & incorporate best practices, standards & paradigms and improving operational aspects of the system.
- Produce clean, maintainable code artifacts along with feature and unit tests while working well within a team of developers.
- Prescribe best practices associated with implementing and deploying applications written in Angular2+
- Participate in and contribute to Agile team ceremonies including daily standups, backlog grooming, retrospectives, sprint planning, system demos, code reviews
- A BS degree in Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent job experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in web development
- Minimum 2 years of experience delivering web applications written in Angular
- Understanding of versioning control systems (Git)
- Proficient experience in HTML5/CSS and building responsive applications
- Excellent communication & collaborative mindset – must be able to work as part of a team and collaborate effectively with your peers
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting
- Humble and confident
- Experience with SCSS
- Experience working on a SCRUM team in an Agile environment
- Experience with the Cypress testing framework
- Enthusiasm for User Experience (usability, accessibility) and a detail-oriented, quality-focused work style
- Ability to challenge the norm and come up with unique ideas
- Not afraid to challenge team members in a constructive and professional way
- Is open to mentoring and sharing knowledge
Applicants for employment must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with FHLBC (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status)