Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
Discover is looking for a talented, full stack web developer to join our application development team. We’re looking for developers who are passionate about building software that delights our customers and foster a low effort experience. The preferred candidate is one who enjoys working within a team in an entrepreneurial environment, influencing the long term direction of our solutions while working with a similar minded group of people. Our team operates very much like a startup that just happens to reside within a Fortune 300 company.
Develops and maintains full stack solutions to fit business needs. Full stack solutions require one or more of the following: front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), database and develops development. Works directly with business partners to understand business requirements. Works independently or with own team to innovate on and advocate for best practices within the team. Designs complex solutions and leads them from inception to production within the agile team.
The Full-stack Developer is responsible for both front-end and back-end development (leaning frontend as opposed backend) including angular & node, with SQL Server database and Jenkins/PCF deployment.
- Develop and maintain complex front-ends focused on user experience.
- Develop and maintain back-end systems.
- Write front-end code, back-end code, integrate with frameworks and APIs, and utilize CLI tools and configuration GUI's as necessary
- Create and update websites with focus on creating an exceptional user experience
- Utilize and implement attractive, thoughtfully laid out, fully-responsive & mobile friendly website contexts and elements
- Creating informative and effective documentation, reports, and inline comments on code/work done
- Work with key stakeholders to design complex solutions and lead from inception to production.
- Collaborate and work closely with offshore team on various tasks
- Test applications to assure accuracy, integrity, and interoperability to achieve specified functionality.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of test artifacts including test scripts
- Participate in the design and architecture of applications
- Create and maintain DevOps processes, application infrastructure, and utilize cloud services (including database systems and models).
- Innovate on and advocate for best practices and improved team processes.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Support live systems to ensure business continuity.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- 6+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Full Stack Academy, General Assembly or comparable programs may adequately supplement a non-CS Bachelor’s degree
- Full stack developer experience (leaning frontend as opposed backend)
- Proficient in modern JS frameworks (angular/react/vue)
- Proficient in server side Node.js and its frameworks (express/loopback)
- Experience with SQL Server database is desired, but experience in similar database technologies will also be considered
- Skilled in task automation, continuous integration and delivery (gulp, webpack, test automation, Jenkins)
- Exposure to cloud-based IaaS and PaaS solutions (PCF, Heroku, AWS or similar platforms)
- Experience with version-control systems such as Git
- Agile development practices
- Website design experience and an eye for design
- Experience in Java/J2EE or Python development
- Familiar with containerization solutions like Docker, Kubernetes and Openshift is a plus
- Familiarity with modern database solutions (document and graph based, Mongo, neo4js, etc)
- Proficient with Artificial intelligence and machine learning libraries and tooling is a plus (Tensorflow, Lex, Luis, api.ai)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.