Jr. QA Engineer
Spark Hire is an award-winning video interviewing platform (Software-as-a-Service) used by more than 5,000 customers in 100+ countries. Our industry-leading platform is recognized as the gold standard by esteemed software review site G2 Crowd. We’ve also been recognized as one of the best startups to work for (nationally) and a best small business to work for in the Chicago area.
Our fast-growing customer base expects us to deliver an easy to use and innovative product that helps them do their jobs better. In order to continuously deliver the best product on the market, our quality assurance testing needs to be top notch and this is where you come in!
The Junior QA Engineer at Spark Hire will be a core member of the product development team. Your work will be meaningful and our customers will <3 you.
In this role, you'll work closely with our development team to ensure new features, enhancements, and bug fixes are thoroughly tested before they get released to production.
You'll not only be testing our web application, but you'll also be immersed in testing our native mobile applications for iOS and Android devices.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain awesome experience in a fast paced atmosphere with a fun group of developers.
What you'll be doing
- Requirements analysis, test case identification, test script creation and execution, tracking of defects and reporting of results
- Executing automated scripts such as Selenium or other open source automation tools
- Maintaining and developing the testing scripts
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Work with developers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
- Work on automated testing infrastructure to increase efficiency within the quality assurance process
- Assist in training of other testers on automation standards and processes
What we're looking for
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Highly driven, positive attitude, team player, self-motivated
- Experience in testing web applications
- Passion for quality and willingness to work hand-in-hand with developers
- Strong attention to detail
Bonus points for...
- Experience in testing mobile applications
- Solid understanding of QA tool development chains and environments
- Experience working with Selenium, Sauce Labs, Jenkins, or similar testing tools
- Experience working with git or a similar VCS
What You’ll Love About Spark Hire
- Great Culture – We have in and out of the office activities going on all the time. From celebrating birthdays, happy hours, Cubs games, holiday parties, picnics, friendly competitions, and more!
- Health Benefits – Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid Time Off – Employees receive paid time off which start accruing on day one of employment and paid holidays. Plus, you get your birthday off as PTO!
- Work/Life Balance – We pride ourselves on having a great work/life balance.
- Gym Subsidy - We contribute a significant amount towards a gym membership at the nearby Lifetime Fitness.
- 401(k) - Start saving for your future retirement!
If you're looking for an exciting place to work and want to be a major contributor at a growing company, apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.