Jr Software Developer in Test at Amount
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:29 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, November 21, 2020
Take your career to new heights working with an amazing company doing next level work in the FinTech industry. At Amount we have a thriving culture and possess a truly entrepreneurial spirit. We value innovation and individual voices, we are committed to active inclusion and diversity, and we support each other's growth. Most importantly, we’re always ready to hustle!
Amount is a technology company focused on accelerating the world’s transition to digital financial services. We create technology experiences that help financial institutions better understand their customers while enabling them to live their best financial lives. We aim to make it easier for financial institutions to provide greater access and smarter tools, so everyone has the opportunity to tackle the financial challenges they face. Our technology is shaping the future of financial services by enabling our partners to better understand and serve their customers, and we are looking for talented team members to join us on the journey.
Amount is seeking a meticulous and self-driven Jr. Software Developer in Test to join our team. The right candidate for the role is responsible for building and leveraging automation test frameworks to ensure continuing quality of Amount’s frameworks and services that power the processing of financial services transactions. Core responsibilities include both software development and testing tasks and the role focuses on the testability, robustness, and performance of production software. To be successful as an Jr. SDET, you should have excellent time management and organizational skills as well as strong communication skills. You should have a passion for designing, development, and testing and find great satisfaction in the patient pursuit of excellence.
If you’re ready to thrive in a fast-paced environment, come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors. With your help, we will continue to reinvent banking by helping our Amount platform partners innovate and digitize their banking products and services!
What you'll work on:
- Support the agile development process and partner environment configurations.
- Build, extend, and update scalable and flexible automation test framework and tooling.
- Ensure coverage of unique customer journeys and automate all critical paths through the application for every partner environment configuration.
- Work with partner configuration teams and deployment teams ensuring partner configuration meets business requirements, and offer inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs.
- Create, organize and execute test plans for platform changes.
- Maintain & improve the availability of testing tools & processes.
- Maintain expertise in the data model - being able to use SQL to evaluate the behavior of the software platform.
- Monitor the releases and alert appropriate stakeholders of any errors or issues that emerge.
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure test results are published & signed-off by the appropriate group.
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- You have experience with testing as part of the software development life cycle.
- You have experience with QA automation engineering and building test frameworks.
- You have good knowledge of source control systems such as GIT
- You have strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals and coding/testing best practices.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts and enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise.
- You like communicating directly with business units from all over the company to ensure you understand and can best handle the pain points and the wide range of stakeholders needs.
- You have strong quantitative and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- You are known for your high level of inquisitiveness, initiative and critical thinking.
Optimistic: We believe technology has the power to improve the financial lives of everyone.
Teamwork: We make the best technology work for our clients by working together.
Risk Aware: We understand the impacts of each and every decision we make in our high risk industry.
Integrity: We work honestly and undivided in our commitment to make more possible.
Eager: We are self-starters, fully engaged and committed to pushing great ideas forward quickly and responsibly.
Respectful: We honor diversity, value inclusion, and create an environment of belonging for people of all backgrounds.
Committed: We are dedicated to the highest standard for our partners, their customers, and our people.
Curious: We seek to understand the core of each problem, enabling us to find the right solution.
Benefits and Perks:
In light of COVID-19, we have transitioned to working fully remote temporarily. We will continue to work remote in accordance with the CDC and local health authorities' recommendations. Please consider that this position will not be remote long-term and our expectation is that this individual will join us in our Chicago office when it is safe to do so.
Enjoy each other's company over virtual happy hours, yoga and meditation sessions, lunch and learns, team demo days, game nights, and more!
Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
Save $$ on taxes by using our commuter and transit benefits! We also have a bike storage room available onsite.
Take advantage of our comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k), parental leave, HSA match, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Interested in having a stake in Amount? We offer a meaningful equity program.
Have a pet? Then, we're paws-itively certain you're going to love our My Pet Protection plans.
Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too!
Read Full Job Description