Junior Backend Engineer - Social Impact at ShoppingGives (Remote)
Growth with a Purpose
ShoppingGives began in 2015 as an organization to do good and make an impact. We build products to address the expectation for change. We exist to create impact on every purchase, and we believe that micro-actions lead to macro impact. Every day we help retailers, no matter how large or small, give back to the causes that their customers are passionate about. Through everyday purchases, we get to watch the world around us become better one transaction at a time, and we think that’s pretty incredible. Our impact is enormous and why we are growing with a purpose. We know it’s best to Invest in Tomorrow, Today. That means we don’t skip any steps while planning or default to the solutions we are comfortable with - we research tomorrow's leading technologies and how they can benefit our products.
Have you ever wondered what it feels like to enjoy coming to work every day? Making an Impact with every keystroke? How about smacking tennis balls with Serena Williams on a Tuesday at lunch? Okay technically that third one we can't make happen but she is an early investor in ShoppingGives and two out of three isn't bad!
We are an impact driven organization that thrives on a collaborative, open communicative and hyper transparent environment. How many more months/years are you going to spend working for organizations that think diversity is a four letter word. At ShoppingGives we don't believe in a glass ceiling since we are a startup and we haven’t gotten around to building one yet!
The bottom line at the top - we make the world a better place with the tools we build. Would you like to join us and help?
- First and foremost - take pride in delivering high-quality code? You know, the type that doesn't have to be rewritten in a year or maybe ever?
- Want to finish your workday exhausted by the pace of progress yet energized by all the new stuff you get to build?
- Keep pressing for more information until you understand the full picture so you can deliver something functional for your team and elegant for users?
- Use your mad engineering skills to create some good in this world?
If you answered yes to all of those questions - this might be the role for you.
Let's define "heck of a engineer":
- Develop custom software solutions within a server-side web application frameworks.
- Writing application and database code based on business requirements, user stories, architectural requirements, and established coding standards
- Responsible for server-side API development
- Responsible for meeting sprint commitments
If you think you're a fit or want to know more - apply right now!
Deliver high-quality code to drive product efficiencies.
Create impact on every purchase.
We do this by enabling our retail partners to fund a donation to any charity of their customer's choice. Mostly on Shopify but also on Salesforce Cloud Commerce, Big Commerce, etc.
What you bring to the team:
- 1 year work experience with practicing Agile Development Methodology
- 1 year work experience coding in server-side web application framework
- 1 year experience debugging and documenting code
- Basic understanding of JAVA, SQL, Ruby, .NET, or similar
- 1 year experience working with one or more major cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP) preferred
Why work at ShoppingGives?
- - You can use your skills and time to make a positive Impact every day.
- - The pay for this role is $65,000-$75,000
- - US based remote only
- +++ Everyone is an owner - equity options come with this role.
- - 401k, medical, dental,
- - Volunteer Time Off (Cause we eat our own dog food)
- - We’re outcome-driven, so you’ll get goals and the ability to execute autonomously with support.
- - You'll create every day. We're around 45 people - so you'll have influence
- - We speak over ten languages, including Gujarati, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, Hindi, Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian, Cantonese, Korean, and Nepali. And English - we're pretty good at English.
But seriously, apply right now.
Compensation and Benefits
Shopping Gives offers full or partial benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance. Three weeks paid vacation, 401k, Financial Advisors, Paid Volunteering --- and if you’ve read this far - Employee Options are part of every full-timer’s compensation package. We offer an Employee Assistance Program, Transit, and Identity Theft benefits - even a discount for your Pet’s Health Insurance. Just like most startups - we game, work out, happy hour, and take in the occasional sporting event together.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago within a couple of blocks of Union Station and a short walk from every EL line.
EEOC Statement: Shopping Gives is an equal opportunity employer. Shopping Gives does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.