Junior DevOps Engineer
At NextCapital, we build financial software that helps everyday investors build and manage a world-class financial portfolio. Our work directly benefits the millions of Americans who can’t afford traditional financial advice, by providing them a solution driven by software. Working with the world’s leading financial institutions, our software tackles the complex challenges of providing financial advice through an intuitive and engaging user experience.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Our ability to be successful starts with our people, and we’re looking for someone who is passionate about developing and supporting our cloud-based SaaS platform. Our platform is built on AWS so our ideal candidate is excited to work on a public cloud platform. As our platform continues to grow our infrastructure and tools must grow and adapt as well. The Junior DevOps Engineer is interesting in growing, learning and contributing.
Learn more about NextCapital at www.themuse.com/companies/nextcapital
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Learn how to monitor our continuous integration and deployment infrastructure which uses Chef, Jenkins, Spinnaker, AWS CodeBuild and CodePipeline, and other tools
- Collaborate with our development teams in our Agile development processes
- Create or enhance automated testing to improve our infrastructure
- Write Infrastructure as Code
- Support efforts to improve our system reliability and maintainability
- Maintain multi-AZ, multi-Region AWS hosted environments
- Test and maintain our Disaster Recovery environments
- Monitor, identify, and solve performance and reliability issues with EC2, RDS and other services
- Create and maintain documentation
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You must be able to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively.
- You’ve worked in DevOps, Software Development or Operations with 1+ years of experience
- You have experience building and/or supporting production applications
- You have interest in learning the SDLC, promoting applications from development all the way to production
- You are passionate about application reliability and automating everything
- You enjoy working on variety of different projects and try to continuously improve systems and processes
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science, related field (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Math/Physics, Software Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering), or equivalent professional experience
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
- Enjoy a laid back work environment & learn from FinTech’s best & brightest
- Receive great benefits like stock options, 401(k) match, and employer contributions to health, dental and vision coverage
- Join a fast growing company where you can have a real impact on the company's future
- Participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, company outings, wine tastings, fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events
- Enjoy a newly built out office on Michigan Avenue with a view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan.
- Sip locally roasted coffee, kombucha, or craft beer at your modular sitting/standing desk
- Participate in women in tech events and service days at local organizations
- Enjoy monthly, company wide, guided meditation sessions