Junior Full Stack Developer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity: Job Description:
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and proactive individual who is ready to take their next challenge in full stack software development with built-in-quality.Why work at Discover? Because we strive to be the leading direct bank and payments partner. You will want to work as part of a close knit team in order to deliver results without the constraints of cubicles.As a software developer within API Management team, you will be responsible for developing Enterprise applications and shared components. You will design and develop systems by using Agile development methodology and support existing and new product features.Responsibilities:
- (1) Develop, build and deploy Enterprise applications. 50%
- (2) Diagnose, troubleshoot and fix issues in the production environment. Identifies problems and possible solutions, and takes appropriate action to resolve. 25%
- (3) Participate in R &D, Analysis and Proof of Concept in new technology initiatives. 25%.
You will be successful at Discover if you can: Break down complex requirements into workable technical solutions to solve the product owner’s problems
- Design, develop and validate high quality software for large scale distributed systems
- Collaborate with other developers on peer-programming, code reviews and process enhancements
- Actively contribute to instill best practices to support a strong software architecture
- You have an interest to gain hands-on experience with highly scalable and reliable applications
- You are familiar with software development methodologies
- You have a strong understanding of object oriented principles
- You are ambitious, self-motivated, and willing to grow in a challenging environment
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
Our Technology Stack:
- Java, Spring, REST API, SOAP
- Jenkins, GitHub, Nexus, Chef, Ansible
- Hadoop, Spark, Storm, Kafka
- Rabbit MQ
- PCF, Linux, Cloud Foundry
- Oracle, AWS/RDS
- CI/CD Pipeline Automation using Jenkins
- Variety of scripting languages
** Not eligible for employer sponsored nonimmigrant visa sponsorship** Skills:
- Degree in Computer Science, or technical field or equivalent professional experience in a related field or the equivalent work experience
- 1+ years professional experience.
- Knows and uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures to solve problems within primary field of expertise.
- Strong skill in Application and Web development
- Working knowledge and experience with systems integration as well as object-oriented design patterns and development
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure of multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction
- Ability to interpret and apply required policies and procedures
- Ability to work in a team environment
#LI-MF1 We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.