Junior Network Engineer
We’re looking for a junior network engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be a member of the team responsible for our branch network engineering design and hardware testing and will be utilizing innovative technologies to deliver world-class solutions to the hospitality market.
The ideal candidate will be a team player capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment, have a strong grasp on network engineering and architecture, and have excellent written and verbal communications skills - able to explain complex concepts to both customers as well as development work partners. A self-starter, the ideal candidate is driven to innovate around smart, efficient, and highly reliable solutions. The ideal candidate is comfortable working hands-on and leading teams to test, deploy, and integrate new products and services within customer’s exiting network and services architecture.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Integrate & operationalize new network hardware (firewalls, routers, switches, APs)
- Implement & maintain advanced networking and Cloud solutions (SD-WAN, AWS)
- Stage and maintain lab environments as necessary, both on-prem and cloud.
- Handle complex escalations from L3 support and participate in critical outage events relative to networking, systems, or application related issues.
- Be an active member of an Agile Development Life Cycle
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Working knowledge equivalent to CCNA Wi-Fi or enterprise equivalent (Aruba ACMA)
- Minimum associate degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or 3-5 years of relevant comparable experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Network Engineering & Operations
- Strong Wi-Fi expertise, high density deployments
- Experience working with and maintaining on-prem virtualization solutions; strong knowledge of various virtualization technologies (VMware, KVM)
- Working knowledge of AWS or similar cloud technologies (Azure, GCP)
- Hands-on Linux practitioner
- Ability to write simple automation routines in Python
- Knowledge of DevOps concepts and tools (Ansible, Puppet, etc.)
- CCNA Wi-Fi or CCENT + CWNA
- Experience with configuration and maintenance of HP & Cisco switching (or similar enterprise products)
- Experience with configuration and maintenance of FortiGate firewalls (or similar enterprise products)
- Proven exposure to high density Wi-Fi indoor deployments ideally with Ruckus product line (or similar enterprise products: Aruba, Cisco, Extreme)
- Experience in building dense virtualized nodes with associated networking & firewalling
- Certified AWS practitioner
- Experience working with AAA and/or Radius authentication (802.1x)
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- We are in the vibrant West Loop neighborhood with easy accessibility to mass transit as well as food/drink options
- Building access to rooftop deck for summer meetings, lunches, and company get togethers
- Multiple medical/dental/vision health benefit options offered
- 401(K) savings plan
- Competitive PTO