Reverb is a leading online marketplace for buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
From an engineering perspective, we build primarily in Ruby/Rails, Python, Go and React, but we value identifying the right language/framework for the job. We believe in fast development cycles, clean architecture, testing our changes, fast feedback, and continuous deployment.
Everyone at Reverb takes creative initiative, helps set their own priorities, and comes up with new ways to grow the business. Our software engineers take pride in crafting great software but take even more pride in product ownership, taking ideas from concept to release and beyond. Not sure what it's like to work here? Check this out: https://product.reverb.com
Here are the qualities we look for in our potential hires:
Product ownership – we are not just software engineers and designers. At Reverb, you’ll be expected to track the performance of features you release, talk to stakeholders, fix bugs, and understand your impact on the business.
Self-motivation - taking the initiative to get things done and asking for support when needed. We don’t want to micromanage you, but we do want to know how we can help.
- Building the Reverb core Rails app and learning existing code patterns.
- Developing public-facing and internal APIs using gRPC and JSON
- Having enough understanding of programming to know when to ask for help and when to dig deeper to find an answer independently.
- Participating in pairing sessions, code reviews, and researching things independently.
- Being more than an engineer - being a good example of a good mentee, communicator, and inclusive team member.
- Curiosity and the ability to learn and provide guidance on how best you can improve.
- Some professional experience, whether it be in technology or elsewhere.
- Great communication skills and the desire to collaborate across departments and with customers.
- Experience any sort of data storage/database - huge pluses.
What you'll get:
To complement our competitive compensation and equity plans, we offer:
- A growth-mindset environment where initiative, continued development, and ownership are valued.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment.
- 401k with company match.
- Paid parental leave.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Bi-monthly lunches.
- A MacBook, monitor, keyboard, mouse of your choice and standing desk.
- Discounts on music gear.
This is a local position in Chicago, please no remote workers or recruiters.