Lab QC Technologist (Cell-Culture) at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Lab Quality Control Technologist (Cell Culture) who will be responsible for cell culture and reagent compliance for a clinical next generation sequencing lab.
What You’ll Do:
- Work within a cutting-edge genomics workflow to provide quality control support in a high-volume next-generation sequencing clinical laboratory.
- Perform cell culture with aseptic technique.
- Identify, avoid, and eliminate issues related to problems associated with cell culture, including cell line mis-identification, contamination with mycoplasma and other agents, and genotypic and phenotypic instability.
- Prepare solutions and culture media.
- Maintain multiple cell lines.
- Maintain records and test results following good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Work to maintain CLIA/CAP compliance.
- Document all results and findings in order to satisfy CLIA/CAP/NYS-DOH requirements.
- Update SOPs and equipment records within document control system, including creation/ revision/ review of internal SOPs and other quality documentation.
- Maintain reagent qualification records and manage quality control of reagent inventory.
- Interact with lab management and testing personnel to prioritize QC tasks.
- Help facilitate and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- BS in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science.
- Must have minimum 3 years’ experience with aseptic cell culture techniques.
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly.
- Moderate experience with Microsoft Excel and/ or Google Sheets.
- Good time management skills.