Laboratory Automation Engineer, Molecular Infectious Disease at Tempus
Are you passionate about using technology to improve the lives of patients?
Are you passionate about building a laboratory that changes the way infectious diseases are detected and treated over the coming decade?
With the advent of molecular testing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how molecular data is used in clinical settings.
Moreover, we are leveraging technology and data to fight against COVID-19 and to build a system to ensure that future pandemics can be detected and treated faster, more effectively and with better use of data. We are looking for the best and brightest to help us build this new paradigm in infectious disease treatment.
What You’ll Do:
- Function in a small, autonomous team collaborating on and implementing new processes and improvements to existing processes.
- Develop and support GUI software for lab workflow automation and process integration to support dynamic and new processes.
- Develop protocols with liquid handlers and other lab automation equipment.
- Support existing systems while preparing them for integration and integrating into comprehensive SQL databases.
- Perform experimentation to test and validate new methodologies
- Investigate non-conformances through RCA and DMAIC, perform/recommend corrective and preventive actions
- Ensure successful technology transfer via process engineering input through the design process for requirements and IQ/OQ/PQ testing
- Actively seek and evaluate vendor qualifications through collaborations on project opportunities
- Communicate clearly with laboratory staff and become familiar with protocols in order to fully understand the needs of the procedures
- Identify areas that are error-prone and research innovative approaches for practical prevention
- Bachelor of Science in Automation or Software Engineering or a related discipline, Master’s is a plus
- Minimum 3 years experience in an automation engineering or application scientist role
- Experience developing user interface using one or more of the following programming languages: Python, C++, C#, or Java
- VBA knowledge required for workflow transition
- Previous experience with SQL preferred
- Certification in 6 sigma and other CI methodologies preferred
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes quickly