Lead Ab Initio Developer
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Business Technology Rewards Agile Team is looking for a Lead Software Developer to develop effective and high quality technical solutions that meet the business requirements in the Card Program ART environment. The role is to plan, coordinate, and supervise activities related to the design, development, and implementation of the Enterprise Rewards System. As a software developer with Discover’s Card Program ART development team, you will work in agile teams to design, develop and integrate systems for Discover’s Rewards products. Provide Technical (Design & Development) leadership in development of the Ab Initio applications that will interface with several key Discover applications, such as CPB, Authorizations, Services, Rewards, etc.
Position requires fundamental understanding of project life cycle. Ensure the application is properly maintained, supported, and enhanced to deliver critical functionality to support the Marketing business partners’ goals and strategies.
- Conduct database design, testing, build system and packaging, and version control Utilize Ab Initio and Unix Scripting, including Ab Initio graphs, parameter sets and plans
- Design, build, test and deploy Ab Initio applications for Enterprise Rewards applications. Provide subject matter expertise in the analysis and preparation of specifications and plans for development/modification of the Enterprise Rewards application.
- Responsible for analyzing, modifying, and supporting application software. Ensures quality code is delivered through continuous integration, development, and testing. Performs technical design, coding with test automation, support, and documentation of software application modifications.
- Maintains application software and systems. Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated.
- Delivers technology solutions that support business goals. Partners with the product owner to understand business requirements, evaluates features, and translates application specifications into workable technical solutions.
- Supports technical initiatives and provides input into best practices to team.
- Oversees and reviews development activities of team members and contractors.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Computer Systems, or related technical field
- 6+ years of experience in Software Engineering or related field
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of experience in Software Engineering or related field
- 7 – 8 years of working experience in designing, developing, implementing & maintaining applications using Ab Initio, Unix Scripting.
- Fundamental understanding of project cycle and documentation
- Unit, Integration and Regression Test Case development and execution.
- Strong SQL Database experience (MySQL/Oracle)
- UNIX /shell scripting or any distributed platform preferable. Any Java, C++ , Python knowledge is beneficial but not requires
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environmental and developing flexible solutions to meet evolving requirements
- Interactivity with external systems using JMS, web service calls, MQseries, LDAP, etc.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven ability to collaborate closely with peers.
- Proven ability using expertise to solve complex problems under pressure.
- Strong analytical skills. Self-motivated, high level of commitment.
- Extensive experience working in a collaborative team environment
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.