Lead Android Engineer
M1 is a young, rapidly growing company determined to reinvent personal finance. We believe the current tools used to invest, borrow, or spend your money fall short of what's possible with new technologies, and we're looking to change that. We're building the tools to empower people to make the most of their money through a free and intuitive automated financial platform. We already manage hundreds of millions of dollars and are signing up thousands of new customers each week, but we’re just getting started and have ambitious plans to take on an entrenched industry. Join us and help build the future of personal finance
We’re seeking an experienced Android engineer to join our product development team and lead the end-to-end development, operation, and future evolution of our Android app. Our product currently enjoys great reviews and the Android app has over 100,000 installs, but we have ambitious goals, and this person will be charged with elevating our app to the next level.
We’re a high-performance, high-impact team that values curiosity, collaboration, and transparency. Our team is small and everyone has a direct hand in shaping the future of the product. If you’re the kind of engineer who is looking to both help us grow and grow with us— then we’d love to talk to you.
Diversity is important to us and unique perspectives are welcome.
- Lead the efforts of the Android engineering team to build new application functionality
- Manage and maintain a robust and extensible application architecture
- Plan and manage an Android engineering roadmap, clearly articulate motivations and rationale
- Keep pace with changing Android technology and integrate with new platform capabilities
- Manage automated build processes, private beta testing, and store metadata
- Engage with designers and other platform leads to ensure a unified product experience
- Develop, implement, and operate testing processes that ensure consistent quality
- Participate in product and engineering planning beyond the Android platform
- Own the overall quality of the Android customer experience
- Expert knowledge of Android app development
- Familiarity with Kotlin
- 4+ years of proven experience working in end to end mobile development
- Experience leading a development team and making architectural and design-related decisions
- Broad knowledge of client application and systems architecture patterns
- Prior experience building and maintaining apps with extensive feature sets, rich user interfaces, and comprehensive API integrations
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Highly-organized, attentive to detail, dependable
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivated, growth-minded
- Basic knowledge of and interest in investing and personal finance
- Stock options for all employees
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Office in the Loop conveniently located near public transit
This is a full-time, on-site position at our Chicago, IL headquarters (no remote). Candidates must be authorized to work in the US. Sorry, we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
M1 will not consider candidates submitted from third party recruiting firms.