Lead Automation Specialist at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight our customers every day.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments company. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Our team is seeking an experienced and creative Lead Automation Specialist to design and deliver robust automation solutions for our mission critical application. The ideal candidate will combine outstanding solution expertise with confirmed hands-on technical capabilities. You will not only interact with a team of Automation Engineers, but also work side by side with technical teams to craft solutions.
Responsible for working with developers, quality assurance team, and business partners to automate and streamline the strategy and model implementation process. Leads the implementation and standardization of tools across Agile teams to reduce cycle time and increase operational efficiency.
- Responsible for designing and implementing test automation framework
- Responsible for health of the value stream solution level automated testing & delivery
- Streamlines integration for unit testing, system testing, user acceptance testing, and regression testing using next generation test automation tools.
- Serves as a continuous integration champion and leads delivery development. Leads efforts to build pipelines for automated build and testing framework to reduce execution and handoff time.
- Creates automations and enhancements to ensure compliance and that regulatory requirements are met in an efficient fashion for implementation.
- Defines and develops dashboards for deployment scorecards. Proactively monitors key performance indicators against thresholds.
- Develops management reports, procedures, standards, and audit documentation.
- Coordinates efforts with suppliers and customers to achieve on time delivery and increase product quality.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelors Information Technology, or related
- 4+ years’ Process Improvement, Agile, Information Technology, or related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of Software testing, Agile delivery, or related
- 4+ years of Hands-on experience with Java
- Experience with solutioning and developing test automation frameworks
- Experience with solutioning and developing test & delivery frameworks for cloud native applications.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.