Lead AWS Cloud Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Lead AWS Cloud Engineer
The Lead AWS Cloud Engineer is an exciting role that has one foot planted in Security in the Cloud and the other in DevOps Automation for AWS. This is a fast paced role, and well suited for someone looking to get their hands dirty in a lot of different areas. As a member of the AWS Cloud Engineering team, this individual will be responsible for implementing CI/CD, infrastructure as code, AWS Services Integration and DevOps. Organizationally, AWS Cloud Engineering resides within the IT Infrastructure Architecture and Planning area.
The scope of this role includes building and maintaining reliable infrastructure and security services in AWS to deliver highly available and scalable services, automating everything to minimize manual work and meet security and compliance objectives in all aspects of the secure cloud ecosystem, use native AWS infrastructure services such as EC2, EBS, Auto Scaling, Cloudwatch, etc., perform basic system administration tasks, and serve on the on-call team as an escalation contact for service incidents.
- Accountable for developing and implementing complex automation tasks.
- Implement Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Chef, CloudFormation, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible)
- Assist with estimating work efforts required for each phase of a project.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers.
- Identify and raise technical risks.
- Maintain working knowledge of IT industry and trends
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems/Computer Science or related field
- Comfortable working on agile-based teams comprised of team members with diverse skill-sets (e.g. Quality Assurance Engineers, User Experience Designers, Software Engineers / Architects)
- AWS, Azure, or Google public cloud experience in a production environment is a plus
- Demonstrates growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address business problems.
- Capable of collaborating with stakeholders and project leaders to understand requirements, deliverables, and set expectations on tasks that you will be responsible for
- Consistently demonstrates follow-through in honoring commitments to customers and colleagues. Accepts the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.