Lead Backend Engineer - Claims Integration at Collective Health
We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
At Collective Health, we care about creating a culture of diversity, openness, and transparency, while engaging our intellectual curiosity, and problem solving skills. In this role, you will be part of a team building our claims integration platform. As an engineering team, we believe good code is easy to read and understand. We expect all of our engineers to continually teach as well as learn. We've got a ton of interesting problems to solve around distributed systems, data pipelines, data analytics and predictions, system reliability, security, privacy, and more. If you're passionate about tackling hard problems while making a real difference in the world, we'd love to talk!As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will:
- Drive the continued design and development of our backend systems
- Work on multi-year green field platform project that will modernize how we integrate with our claims partners
- Enjoy building well-engineered systems
- Have 8+ years of software engineering work experience
- Are well-versed in Java
- Communicate clearly up, down and across teams
- Balance getting things done with making things perfect
- Take pride in mentoring other developers
- Love working with a team of awesome, collaborative co-workers
- Like to be involved in the decision making process, taking into account the needs of our customers as well as our company
Founded in 2013, Collective Health has created an ecosystem of innovative partners across care and benefits delivery, as well as built a powerful and flexible infrastructure to better enable employees and their families to understand, navigate, and pay for healthcare. By reducing the administrative lift of delivering health benefits, providing an intuitive member experience, and improving health outcomes, the company guides employees toward healthier lives and companies toward healthier bottom lines. Collective Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA with locations in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. For more information, please visit collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Collective Health is committed to providing support to candidates who require reasonable accommodation during the interview process. If you need assistance, please contact [email protected]