Lead Backend Software Engineer at Fetch Rewards
Who We Are:
We reward shoppers for digitizing their shopping experience.
Our mission is to delight the world’s shoppers with a free smartphone app that is easy, smart and fun.
Why Join the Fetch Family?
We make it better for users even when that's difficult for us
We empower people with information and trust
We challenge ideas, not people
We think bigger and keep building
We find ways to bring the fun to Fetch!
We're committed to building an empowered and inclusive community of innovative and passionate people. As a growing organization, we need team players who can go above and beyond their individual responsibilities to help our company build towards its vision. If you are a creative, hard-working, and fun-seeking person interested in working with a close-knit group of highly talented people, this is the right place for you.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Fetch’s next step in evolving the grocery shopping experience will require a Lead Backend Software Engineer. You will build highly performant backend services to integrate seamlessly with our data stores, message queues, mobile and web platforms, and other systems. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems and design & develop an amazing solution with little to no assistance.In your tool-bag
- A deep understanding of functional and object-oriented programming
- Ability to plan and implement complex data models
- Ability to optimize poorly performing code, data queries, and network requests
- Understanding of the complexity and failure domains of micro-services and distributed architectures
- Ability to troubleshoot large scale production systems and explain both short and long-term solutions with trade-offs
- Effective communication, including the ability to translate and explain technical issues to non-technical team members
- High-level languages (Java, Scala, Go)
- Relational and eventually consistent databases (MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL)
- In-memory data stores and caches (Redis, Memcache)
- Version control system (Git)
- Test writing and quality assurance
- Service-oriented architecture
- Messages queue and event streaming (Kafka, Kinesis, Redis Streams)
- Continuous development
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics
- Love of Dogs! . . . Or just tolerance. We're a very canine-friendly workplace.