Lead Big Data Platform Architect
Position: Lead Big Data Platform Architect, Payformance Solutions
Office: Chicago, IL
Why we’re excited to get to work:
The mission for Payformance Solutions is simple. We aim to be a catalyst for payment transformation in the healthcare industry. Our proprietary software solutions allow payers and providers to focus on what really matters: providing patients with access to care that yields the best health outcomes, at the lowest costs.
The healthcare industry is complex and fragmented. Payers and providers are faced with a lack of transparency and conflicting financial goals that fail to consider the health outcomes of patients. Payformance Solutions offers data-driven, turnkey software solutions that provide payers and providers with the technical tools and resources needed to design, evaluate, build, measure, and negotiate value-based reimbursement contracts — as a neutral third party. Our holistic solutions allow payers and providers to collaborate in an ecosystem that aligns financial goals with patient outcomes.
What we are looking for:
- Our team needs hands-on engineers who can produce beautiful & functional code to develop software solutions that solve complex healthcare transformations facing payers and providers. If you are an exceptional developer with an aptitude to learn and implement using new technologies, and who loves to push the boundaries to solve complex business problems innovatively, then we want to talk with you. As a Lead Architect at Payformance Solutions, you will have the opportunity to make mission critical software and web development contributions. You’ll have a voice in driving the direction and strategy of the company, and work in an agile environment alongside a rapidly growing team of Engineers, Data Architects, Analysts, and Health Policy Experts in our Chicago, IL office.
- Position is based in Chicago
What you’ll do:
- Architect and implement these roadmaps and bring to life revolutionary new analytics and insights.
- Provide technical direction to the engineering and application team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to utilize the new big data tools
- Design and develop code, scripts and data pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data.
- Participate in requirements and design technical workshops with platform users.
- Evaluate new big data technologies.
- Provide architecture and technology leadership for AWS.
- Develop and recommending novel and innovative -- yet proven and demonstrated -- approaches to solving business and technical problem
- Responsible for development using Java, Scala, Python language and Big Data Frameworks, HDF, Storm, Spark, S3, Data pipeline.
- Reviewing, analyzing and evaluating market requirements, business requirements and project briefs in order to design the most appropriate end-to-end technology solutions
- Integrating with external data sources and APIs
- Using Hadoop and related tools to manage the analysis of billions of healthcare claim transaction records
- Work with the developers, business analysts and subject matter experts to understand the complex technological system in order to produce integrated end-to-end solution options
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and whiteboarding skills.
- BS (Masters or PhD preferred) degree in relevant disciplines: Bioinformatics, Medical Informatics, Healthcare Administration, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research/ Optimization, Computer Science, Computational/ Theoretical Physics, Data Science, or Electrical/ Computer Engineering.
- Six or more years of work experience.
- Experience working with data, data warehousing & BI.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and a quick learner. You should have a broad base of experience, and be interested in continuing to grow technically via hands on experience and learning. Desire and ability to quickly learn new technologies on your own.
- Knowledge of, or willingness and aptitude to learn healthcare revenue cycle and claims data.
- Must have experience with AWS Data Stack using S3, EMR, Data Pipeline.
How we’ll support you:
In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Payformance’s dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We offer an outstanding benefits program that includes:
- A competitive annual salary
- 100% employer-paid medical option (employee, spouse, family)
- 100% employer-paid life insurance policy
- 100% employer-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan (5% employer contribution)
- Healthy work/life balance… Our flexible office hours and time-off allows you to make the most of your time in and out of the office to fit your needs. Plus, an optional work-from-home day once a week (after 3 months)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual personal learning budget (books, conferences, etc.)
- Thirsty Thursday team building events
- Free gym Access
- Awesome coworkers
- Work with a highly collaborative and values-driven team
Not to boast, but a little bit about us:
Payformance Solutions is a health-tech company dedicated to advancing payment transformation in the healthcare industry. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Altarum Institute, a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946.
Altarum Institute combines the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same. Altarum develops and promote best practices in the application of information technology to health and health care. Applying systems research principles and analytic objectivity, we work to increase access to health information; improve the organization and usability of health information; and develop new knowledge from health information. We work to achieve these goals by addressing all aspects of information technology —policy and planning efforts, system design and development, information exchange, and the management and evaluation of specific information technology and strategies.
At Payformance, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate, support, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. Payformance Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
To all recruitment agencies: Payformance does not accept agency resumes, we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.