Lead Clinical Molecular Technologist
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We're looking to build a laboratory team who are passionate and focused on developing state of the art techniques to processing and creating and interpreting vast amounts of genomic and molecular data.
Clinical Molecular Technologist Responsibilities (>75% of time):
- Work with a cutting-edge genomics workflow to provide high-quality next-generation sequencing data with rapid turnaround times in a clinical laboratory.
- Perform routine testing, quality control, calibration, maintenance and proficiency testing in accordance with current laboratory procedures.
- Perform complex molecular-based procedures with a high degree of quality and in accordance with established protocols.
- Perform next-generation sequencing, including nucleic acid extraction, DNA/RNA quantification and qualification, NGS library preparation, probe hybridization, probe/library capture, library cleanup and quantification, loading sequencing libraries onto the Illumina Nextseq, HiSeq4000, and Novaseq (>75% of time).
- Sterilizing laboratory equipment and workspaces as assigned.
- Entering clinical patient data into the Laboratory Information Management system.
- Obtain 12 continuing education hours in the field of oncology or molecular biology.
- Maintain competency to perform all assigned molecular biology protocols in accordance with CAP, CLIA, NYSDOH regulations.
Lead-Specific Responsibilities (<25% of time):
- Interview candidates for clinical molecular technologist role.
- Create technologist schedules for processing specimens.
- Update Standard Operating Procedures as necessary.
- Train clinical molecular technologists in relevant procedures.
- Monitor specimens in the laboratory queues and audits to ensure a low turn-around-time.
- Evaluate testing personnel for competency and testing performance.
- Monitor sequencing positive control batch QC sign-off.
- Troubleshoot incidents and perform root cause analysis on non-conformances.
- Evaluate and implement process improvements.
- Collaborate with finance on inventory and sample tracking.
- LIMS UAT for prior to new release of LIMS into production environment
Qualifications - Must Have:
- One of the following educational requirements:
- MS in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science and 1 year pertinent clinical laboratory experience with molecular biology
- BS in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science and 1 year of pertinent clinical lab experience in molecular biology
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with others to plan and carry out scientific programs
- Self-driven and works well in an interdisciplinary team with minimal direction
- Strong desire to build products that will save lives and change the course of cancer
- Impeccable attention to detail
Qualifications - Highly Desirable:
- Experience with next-generation sequencing
- Work in a CLIA/CAP high-complexity laboratory
- Experience with robotics and automated liquid handling systems
- Knowledge of LIMS platforms and various computer systems