Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The responsibility of the Lead Cybersecurity Engineer role is to contribute to the delivery of critical infrastructure solutions as part of Discover’s Data Security Products team. The individual will work closely with Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Services, and Enterprise Architects to build solutions which meet the ever changing Cybersecurity threat landscape. This is a great opportunity for someone who is a self-starter, team player, and wanting to join a growing area of demand.
What You’ll Do
- Engineer solutions in alignment with the Cybersecurity engineering roadmap, and maintain processes for the delivery of highly complex secure systems, cyber applications, technical projects, and regulatory and risk requirements.
- Facilitate process engineering, risk remediation, and mitigation of operational risk in a high-velocity culture by collaborating to introduce technology, requirements, deliverables, gaps, and systems design.
- Contribute to analyzing cyber technologies, metrics models, and performance indicators.
- Identify robust solutions and build resilient next-generation systems to solve business challenges and enhance the control environment.
How You’ll Do It
- Manage relationships with security partners and vendors.
- Ensure compliance with audit, regulatory, and legal requirements.
- Analyze, design, and develop security solutions with Cybersecurity architects to ensure they are consistent with corporate technology goals and risk tolerance levels.
- Provide direction to infrastructure, operations, data, and application developments groups throughout the transitioning phase, implementation in production, and beyond.
- Validate current- and future-state architectural models to assess impact across assigned Cybersecurity technology systems.
- Provide subject matter expertise for supported security technologies and during escalations.
- Oversee security requirements and technical specifications to guide project implementation toward successful solution delivery.
- Maintain knowledge of engineering next-gen designs, security trends, threats, and attack techniques.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with management, peers, project managers, and internal customers.
- Design and engineer solutions to align with the Cybersecurity strategy.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelors degree in Information Security or Information Technology or Engineering
- 6+ years of experience in information security, security engineering, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; able to quickly digest any issue/problem encountered and recommend an appropriate solution
- Experience with building and supporting applications on Openshift/Kubernetes
- Experience with integrating systems and workflows via APIs, Ansible, and Jenkins
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python and Powershell
- Experience working with cryptographic services such as Tokenization and Key Management
- Experience working with cloud services such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience working with major Operating Systems, such as RHEL and Windows Server
- Experience supporting and maintaining highly available distributed systems #LI-BG1 #Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.