Lead Cloud Engineer – Advanced Analytics
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
The Advanced Analytics Platform organization is seeking a highly skilled and cloud-native engineer that has a passion for delivering infrastructure and automation solutions as code. Your role is to develop, test & operate reusable infrastructure as code patterns . You ll provide support to the internal engineering, infrastructure, & IT teams to continuously improve & automate our analytics architecture.
Our current tech stack includes AWS, Terraform, Linux, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos/Marathon, Spring, Angular, Node.js, Java 8, Python and Scala.
- Work as part of a team of other cloud and DevOps engineers to design and build tools and automation scripts that enable data scientists and business analysts to easily consume cloud-native services.
- Developing secure design patterns for analytics architectures deployed in the public cloud and/or orchestrated container environments.
- Develop container image lifecycle management systems
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Hands on experience with AWS services such as VPC, EC2, RDS, IAM, KMS, Lambda, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Dynamodb, SNS, SQS, and S3
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code, Immutable Infrastructure, & continuous integration/deployment practices
- Experience in version control systems such as Git, GitLab, etc.
- Experience administering & hardening Linux systems
- Familiarity with technical challenges associated with containers and distributed systems with a focus on analytics research environments.
- Willingness to continuously learn & share learnings with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Very strong verbal & written communication skills
- Experience within the Financial industry
- Experience with solving problems and delivering high quality results in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with analytics tools (SAS, R, Scientific Python, H2o)
- Experience with data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools or underlying algorithms
- Experience within the Financial industry
Since Discover launched in 1986, weve made a business of redefining the credit card industry for the better. We were first to have no annual fee, first to offer cash rewards, first to provide 24/7 customer service, and we rank #1 in customer loyalty. As a Fortune
500 company, we strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can contribute in a way thats different from other large institutions. If youre looking for a place to make a difference and let your voice shine through, wed love to meet you.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
Work as part of a team of other cloud and DevOps engineers to design and build tools and automation scripts that enable data scientists and business analysts to easily consume cloud-native services.Technical point of contact for product teams as it relates to automation, CI/CD, and DevOps.Developing secure design patterns for analytics architectures deployed in the public cloud and/or orchestrated container environments.Build automation to actively audit the infrastructure for misconfigurationsDevelop container image lifecycle management systems
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.