Lead Cloud Engineer (Remote or Local)
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and modernly connected to internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical decision support, patient engagement, and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will build software that operates the modern and scalable infrastructure at VillageMD. You’ll design and implement systems and software that deals with federally protected health information, systems which much be continuously available for our patients, clinical operators and doctors.
What are examples of work that Cloud Engineers will do at VillageMD?
- Lead the design, architecture and implementation of the systems, software, networks and services required to operate VillageMD products
- Identify and exploit efficiencies in operational engineering through automation
- Implement security controls that support compliance with ISO 27001 security requirements
- Practice sustainable incident response, root cause analysis and blameless postmortems
What will make you successful here?
- A real passion for problem solving and learning new technology
- Vision to balance speed and maintainability in solution design
- The ability to handle multiple, concurrent projects
- Excellent ability to create and implement requirements, keep projects on track, and engage constituents
- Challenging the status quo to improve our processes and tools
- Communicate complex technical details in meaningful business context
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Manage the business result of healthcare technology products
- Integrate 3rd party tools to drive outcomes, including Cloud Services, Salesforce, and best-of-breed healthcare products such as an EMPI
The following experience is relevant to us:
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.