At ShopRunner, we connect consumers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 100+ of the top brands and retailers in the ecommerce space. We build products that provide a premier ecommerce experience by delivering elevated, data-driven content. The landscape of retail is changing and we're here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), and Krakow, Poland.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Lead Cloud Engineer at ShopRunner, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining our cloud based platforms and services that enable our business. You will be responsible for leading and guiding a team of engineers towards repeatable and scalable platforms within the AWS and GCP environments. As part of that process you will help the team build delivery pipelines, container platforms, and general application and code troubleshooting. Building and maintaining a strong relationship with both technical and business partners is a must as well. It will also require strong collaboration with our development and business partners to ensure the team is collaborating and delivering business value.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
- Build strong relationships with business and engineering peers.
- Help lead and guide a team of Cloud engineers towards best practices and industry standards.
- Mentor and help develop your team towards continuous improvement
- Develop an automated build and deployment environment for ShopRunner core applications
- Develop, build, and maintain a standardized platform to run ShopRunner core applications.
- Design, build and maintain a monitoring, alerting, logging framework for ShopRunners core applications
- Maintain and build a strong infrastructure platform within the AWS environment
- Continuously seek personal learning to improve your ability to mentor your team and the organization
- Support a 24x7 production environment
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 3+ years of experience managing or leading engineering teams
- Multiple years of experience running and building systems in the AWS environment
- Strong background and experience with Terraform
- Strong background and experience with Docker
- Proven history supporting and maintaining a 24x7 online business
- Strong background with programming languages like Ruby or Python
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems like Grafana or the like
- Experience with logging systems Grafana Loki, ELK or the like
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.