Lead Cybersecurity Engineer (Network DevSecOps)
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
The primary focus of the role is to engineer security solutions to defend the environment from known and unknown threats. The engineer assesses new technology, provides recommendations on technology, collaborating on an agile delivery team to design, build and deploy those security solutions.
Join a delivery team which delivers and advises on security solutions with a network lens. Being part of a team rethinking and rebuilding how network security solutions are used to protect corporate assets.
- Show passion for technology and using it to solve problems.
- Supports security department which does not say “No”, Leaning into problems.
- Data driven approaches and decisions over FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt).
- Openly contribute and collaborate to meet business needs over Security only solutions.
- Build consumable security services with APIs.
- Building testable systems to support continuous testing.
- Building systems which support proactive security monitoring and automated response.
- Sharing of knowledge to help everyone defend against threats.
- Building systems which support automated compliance.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- 7 + years of professional experience in cybersecurity
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Experienced in mentoring and training junior engineers
- Knowledge and experience in Agile processes
- Experience with scripting (shell, python, Powershell, etc.)
- Experience with software development, architecture and design; including API design and integration.
- Knowledge and experience identifying security requirements
- Knowledge and experience designing and supporting systems in a large corporate environment
- Knowledge of Next Generation Firewall and Proxy technology
- Experience with Cloud technologies (Amazon, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Protocol analysis experience (Wireshark, etc.)
- Knowledge of the HTTP protocol
- Knowledge and experience implementing TLS/SSL Decryption
- Experience troubleshooting network issues in a medium to large company
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, network layers, ARP, etc.)
- Knowledge of audit and regulatory requirements (PCI, HIPPA, SOX, etc.)
- Knowledge of automation and software development tools (git, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform, etc.)
- Experience and comfort working on any command line
- Networking Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, etc)
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!