Lead Cybersecurity Engineer, RMF at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewWe operate the award-winning School of Cybersecurity and the Cyber Certified Experts (CCE) program. We pride ourselves that our education and certification programs are supported by full-time professionals defending organizations and systems in the field. This means that training and certification are practical and supported by real-life experience. Members of our team have the opportunity to teach courses, develop course material, as well as materials for certification programs. As an employee, you will have the opportunity to expand your proficiency by building the proficiency of other cyber professionals.
Looking for a dynamic professional with 8+ years of hands-on cybersecurity compliance experience in performing and/or participating in DoD system Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development, assessment, and analyzing of cyber security documentation for client information systems in accordance with RMF for DoD IT.
- Lead/Conduct the performance of system/network vulnerability scanning and analysis using both automated tools and manual techniques.
- Lead/Conduct technical assessments using standard industry tools such as Nessus, ACAS, and others.
- Lead/Conduct the Identification and application of vulnerability remediations, fix procedures, and when necessary mitigation techniques.
- Lead/Conduct the identification and mitigation of cyber security risks through formal assessment activities.
- Lead compliance related discussions (this includes expert understanding of applicable compliance frameworks, architectures, and security control requirements (technical and non-technical).
- Support the business development process through participation as the technical and A&A SME.
- Lead customers to resolve cybersecurity issues and concerns as well as to explain how compliance with various standards and frameworks are achieved.
- Lead the day-to-day activities required to deliver a project on time and within budget.
- Lead regular project meetings; deliver succinct and accurate status updates.
- Manage client delivery teams to include mid-level and junior security assessors, as necessary.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience in performing and/or participating in DoD/Navy based security Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities.
- SME knowledge of FISMA, NIST/DoD RMF, and NIST SP 800-series publications.
- SME knowledge of testing tools such as Nessus/ACAS, SCC, DISA STIGs / STIG Viewer, etc.
- Experienced with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and related terminology as it relates to Information Security/Information Assurance.
- Self-motivated and able to work/lead in an independent manner or as part of a client delivery team.
- Able to own and author original content/reports/attestations.
- Exceptional organizational, planning, and attention to detail skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, remote environment.
- Able to travel at least 25% as required for various client engagements.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- The following certifications (At least one is required): CISM, CISSP, or GSLC
- The following certifications (One or more are preferred): Lunarline, Inc. School of Cybersecurity “Certified Expert” certifications.
8+ years of experience in performing and/or participating in DoD/Navy based security Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.