Lead DevOps Engineer at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for developing and maintaining full stack solutions to fit business needs, with a focus on automated software delivery practices and ensuring consistency across the enterprise.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and proactive Lead Engineer to join us for the next stage of our journey into Extreme Automation. You will help us drastically reduce software cycle time while increasing quality through innovation and engineering best practice.
- Works with autonomous development teams to develop and maintain full stack solutions to fit business needs and delivery quality to customers.
- Create and maintain DevOps processes, application infrastructure and utilize cloud services (including database systems and models).
- Partners closely with scrum teams to develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines.
- Works with infrastructure teams to implement fully automated cloud-based environments.
- Implements standard automation patterns based on industry best practices.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Support live systems to ensure business continuity.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Software Engineering, DevOps or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- PCF, OCP
- Terraform or Cloudformation
- Linux/Shell scripting
- Git (GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket)
- Jenkins/GitHub Actions/Harness
- RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Java, Python, Groovy or another modern programming language
- Spring Framework (Boot)
- Agile experience
#LI-MF1 #Remote #BI-Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.