Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and proactive Lead DevOps Engineer to join us for the next stage of our journey into Extreme Automation. Your insight and expertise will enable our software delivery teams to drastically reduce software cycle time while increasing quality through automation. Responsible for utilizing your technical expertise and experience in driving design and automation of processes to support the Continuous Delivery of application and services.
Come join us in a rewarding and fast-paced position as a Lead DevOps Engineer in the Card Acquisitions Value Stream. Our domain supports the new credit card application platform at Discover, which is key to supporting the business growth of the Discover Card account portfolio. Our domain delivers solutions by using Agile development methodologies to support existing and new product features.
Responsible for the delivery of automated software delivery practices focusing on full automation between the development and production environments. Collaborates with Development, Testing, Architecture and Infrastructure groups to ensure consistency across the enterprise.
- Partners closely with the development paired programming (XP) Teams to implement CI/CD pipelines
- Works with infrastructure teams to implement fully automated environments.
- Implements standard automation patterns based on industry best practices
- Provides day to day DevOps support to the paired programming teams.
- Maintains and Monitors CI/CD pipelines.
- Acts as Product Owner for DevOps Tooling solutions
- Defines automated solutions for monitoring and dashboarding
- Works with autonomous development teams to develop and maintain full stack solutions to fit business needs and deliver quality to customers.
- Create and maintain DevOps processes, application infrastructure and utilize cloud services
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- 4 + years of Software Engineering, DevOps or related
- Experience with application development, DevOps
- A solid understanding of GitHub, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Amazon Web Services (AWS), OpenShift (OCP), REST Services, Continuous Integration and deployment (CI/CD), Jenkins, Harness, Nexus, RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Familiar with Agile and Pair Programming (XP) methodologies
- Experience with Java, Spring framework, APIs, Groovy and shell scripting languages
- Proficient in monitoring, alerting, analyzing and troubleshooting large scale distributed systems
- Solid understanding of defining and executing high availability, disaster recovery, resiliency and chaos engineering testing
- Experience with automation, monitoring and log analysis tools to manage operations
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.