LEAD DEVOPS ENGINEER
Join Fourkites, a fast-paced, innovative, data-driven start-up that is changing the Supply Chain industry through real time tracking and end-to-end visibility - 2021 Best Tech Startups In Chicago.
We are looking for a candidate who is energetic & drives how the company deploys, verifies, and monitors applications and services in Cloud Infrastructure. You will interface with all stakeholders to define DevOps processes and also assist in the ongoing improvement of CI/CD environment provisioning and development workflows. You will ensure that they have appropriate levels of monitoring and alerting set up for all applications across a mix of physical servers, private cloud and public cloud.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Build a relationship with development team by understanding their stack, code and its dependencies to build the robust infrastructure with next gen technologies
- Design, Build and maintain the system which supports monitor the application and infrastructure
- Experience in building industry best cloud infrastructure with strong governance model and security and cost management
- Hands on experience in design, plan and build the infrastructure using orchestration and configuration management tools & automate the Infrastructure
- Participate in day-to-day operations to ensure stability, reliability, and availability of applications and services for the business.
- Provide recommendations for improvement of infrastructure, technology, operational capability, reliability and performance as required by business needs.
- Working alongside Engineering to create the deployment model/strategies(CI/CD) and capacity planning for Dev,QA, Staging and Production environments
- Ensure to own the end to end responsibility on projects and drive independently to the closure
- As a leader, work with cross functional team to design, architect, document and deliver the DevOps roadmap for your teams
- Provide a timely support, assistance on any critical issues to the peers on a timely basis and be a mentor
- Find opportunities for continuous improvements to our system.
- Continuously look for ways to optimize and streamline the Fourkites infrastructure to facilitate a seamless experience for our customer
Skills and Qualifications
- Min 10+ years of relevant experience with strong working expertise of Agile environments.
- Strong understanding of Cloud Infrastructure technologies such as Azure, AWS to deliver the end to end solutions
- Hands on experience in developing scripts using Shell/Python/Ruby/Powershell etc
- Proficient in containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, AKS, EKS etc
- Hands on experience in configuration/orchestration tools such as Ansible, Chef, puppet Terraform, Cloudformation etc
- Strong knowledge in defining RBAC policies in AWS/Azure for both Prod and Non prod environments
- Should have experience in build & release management using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Maven,Ant, Github actions etc
- Should have experience in SCM tools like SVN, Git, Bitbucket etc
- Good understanding of linux & windows internals
- Should have had exposure of cloud migrations in complex enterprises
- Excellent verbal & written communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Exceptional problem solving & analytics skills
Named one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, FourKites is on a mission to transform the world’s supply chains with the most powerful technology on the planet. With a customer base that includes 18 of the top-20 food and beverage companies and nine of the top-10 CPG companies, the company combines the largest network of real-time logistics data with machine learning to help its customers lower costs, improve on-time performance and strengthen end-customer relationships. We are a customer-obsessed organization, wholeheartedly committed to helping our customers succeed and drive long-term value.
The empathy we exhibit with our customers applies internally, as well. At FourKites, a positive work culture is a priority, and team members benefit from structured employee development plans, mentorship and training programs, quarterly review and promotions processes, affinity group memberships and competitive benefits packages. Click here to learn more about our team and our corporate values.
If you are a California resident, here is our California Applicant Privacy Notice.