Lead DevOps Engineer at Discover
Do you want to be on the forefront of the next BIG thing in advancing the analytic technology landscape? Are you driven by the thought of being involved at the ground level of an enterprise wide transformation? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast paced, collaborative environment?
Discover Financial Services is seeking a bright, driven, and talented individual to join a team of passionate and innovative technologists.
*** BASED ON CANDIDATE PREFERENCE THIS POSITION CAN BE BASED IN OUR HEADQUARTERS IN RIVERWOODS ILLINOIS OR OUR DOWNTOWN CHICAGO OFFICE ***
In this role, you will use your experience and hands-on approach with next generation technologies to contribute to a team that performs custom (JS/Java)application development work utilizing container (Docker, Kubernetes & OpenShift Container platform) and cloud (AWS) platforms.
- Contributing member of a high performing, agile team focused on next generation data & analytic technologies
- Work closely with clients and BT team members to understand the departmental stakeholder requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions will be aligned with Discover and BT strategies and compliant with DFS’s architectural standards
- You will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, and deployment
- Deliver container-based solutions utilizing the Kubernetes orchestrator in Openshift container platform as part of our cloud migration, app modernization and cloud-native development services on AWS
- Build application development and deployment pipeline that enable data scientists and business analysts to easily consume cloud-native services
- Develop PoC’s using emerging technologies for real-time and big data analytics.
- Design and support container image lifecycle management systems
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Computer Systems, or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering or related field
- In lieu of degree, 7+ years of experience in Software Engineering or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 2+ years delivering enterprise business solutions on Kubernetes, with demonstrable experience architecting modern microservices application. (Kubernetes / OpenShift, Docker)
- 2+ years Linux/Unix experience including basic commands, shell scripting and solution engineering
- 2+ years’ experience in design and implementation REST API-based micro-services using JAVA,SpringBoot technologies
- Strong experience in creating container based microservice / distributed solutions either in the cloud on on-premises is desired
- 2+ Experience with CI/CD pipelines (Git, Jenkins,JFrog Artifactory )
- 1+ years’ experience working with PostgreSQL/Snowflake.
- High-level understanding of common authentication patterns and flow including single sign-on and OAuth
- Hands on experience with AWS services such as EC2, RDS, IAM, Lambda, SNS, SQS, and S3
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
- Experience with solving problems and delivering high quality results in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Swagger and similar frameworks
- Familiarity with SAS, R, Python for data mining and analytics
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing ETL pipelines with big data solutions
- Experience with data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools or underlying algorithms
- Familiarity with Complex Event Processing systems
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.