Lead DevOps Engineer/Architect at Litera
Litera, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a fast-growing software company and one of the leading legal technology suppliers in the world. Serving over 90% of the world's largest law firms, our software is used by hundreds of thousands of lawyers every day. As a company recently selected for Crain's Best Places to Work in Chicago, we believe professional development, rewards programs, open communication, and transparent leadership all contribute to a unique and open work environment. Our employees are driven, energetic, passionate, and have the ability to make a direct impact on the future of the company.
Come work with a creative team of software architects and DevOps engineers by implementing a forward-thinking and scalable set of ideas and standards to build a suite of products that will delight customers in the Legal industry. You will have direct responsibility for architectural consistency, security, reliability, serviceability and scalability of current and future CICD platforms, infrastructure, tools, and core services relied upon by our product development teams. Assume a leadership role in a department that empowers engineers to innovate.
A Day in the Life:
- Assume responsibility for the architecture and execution of all SaaS, desktop application, and platform service CICD pipelines at Litera.
- Work closely with other Engineering leaders to cast and execute upon a vision for CICD processes and tooling that will maximize quality and velocity with which Litera ships code.
- Define standards for CICD, documentation, and DevOps best practices.
- Mentor, collaborate with, and provide technical leadership to the DevOps team.
- Critically evaluate current CICD processes and tools to improve the product engineering and testing experience.
- Define initiatives to improve CICD infrastructure, reduce technical debt, and minimize system complexity.
- Stay current with the latest developments in CICD technologies and open-source frameworks.
- Evangelize CICD platform and product capabilities with internal departments as well as Litera partners and clients.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Participate in our engineering onboarding process.
- Meet the Architecture team and department representatives/leads within the company.
- Learn our business and customers, and where we're going.
- Familiarize yourself with our current technology and engineering processes.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Assist with delegating issues brought to DevOps team
- Continue familiarizing yourself with the architecture of our current CICD platform and its dependencies.
- Review and assess the current DevOps team roadmap.
- Critically evaluate current product CICD pipelines to determine areas requiring improvement.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Attend and/or lead regular meetings of the Architecture Review Board.
- Build an execution plan for achieving the milestones in the Architecture roadmap.
- Recognize systemic issues and envision a plan for resolving them.
- 7+ years of experience in the software product industry in senior architecture and software development roles, particularly with regard to high-performance, multi-tenant, enterprise SaaS platforms.
- Experience in senior leadership positions with responsibility for architecture and technology.
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Azure DevOps, RunBooks, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, etc)
- Ability to build and deploy enterprise solutions in MS Azure, AWS, or other cloud technologies.
- Expertise developing highly distributed, scalable, low latency systems.
- Proficiency with desktop, web, and mobile technologies as well as with REST APIs, NoSQL and RDBMS architecture and design.
- Proficiency with containers, container orchestration and cloud-native distributed systems.
- Expertise with performance tuning, monitoring, and measuring.
- Thorough understanding of CI/CD, test automation, and build automation.
- Extensive knowledge of security domain, standards, and industry trends.
- Strong interpersonal, documentation, presentation, and communication skills.
- Experience with Agile development.
- Familiarity with Microsoft technologies, including Office and .NET
- Experience leveraging Machine Learning / AI and NLP components in a solution
- Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services
What Sets us Apart?
- Have direct contact and work directly with the executive team
- Work with a team that has a proven track record
- You'll be challenged and encouraged to broaden your skills
- Regular social & philanthropic events
- Participation in management development program
- Special rates for local gym memberships