LEAD ENGINEER- CLOUD
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Lead engineer, Cloud is responsible for leading the creation of a technology implementation framework and providing technical leadership in support of ULTA’s initiatives in cloud computing, with a focus on the incident resolution, change management of services that run on cloud platforms.
Lead Engineer will work closely with product management, software developers and system/database engineers to understand requirements and participate in cloud build and provisioning discussions.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related subject; an advanced degree is preferred. In addition, 5 or more years’ experience in designing large and complex IT operations in large organizations is required, retail industry experience is a plus. The position requires leadership and team-building skills and must be able to collaborate effectively with a group of high performing individuals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
- Knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes
- Contribute to DevOps development activities and complex development tasks
- Drive scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit testing, and production deployment
- Provide support and technical governance, expertise related to cloud deployment, and operations
- Demonstrate forward thinking around where the organization is going and how cloud technology can support these efforts
- Act as the coach and mentor to team members and technical staff on their assigned project tasks
- Develop a cohesive team and ensure their continued success
- Lead the definition and development of cloud reference architecture and management systems
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- 5 + years of experience spanning at least two IT disciplines, including technical architecture, Automation, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations
- Experience as a team lead preferred.
- Evaluate client business challenges and work with the team to arrive at the best-fit technology solution
- Production support 24x7
- Troubleshooting and Performance tuning
- Familiarity / experience with cloud DevOps tools, BQ, machine learning desired but not necessary.
- Fast-paced, dynamic environment with new tasks changing daily/weekly
- Support off-hours production issues and code deployments as needed
- Working onsite at corporate headquarters; no remote development during core business hours
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences)