Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
We are looking to hire a Lead cybersecurity engineer, who will champion efforts to enhance security of our cloud infrastructure helping implement security best practices and guard rails around the use of various cloud services, and delivering those capabilities through modern automation tools, principles and patterns. They should have strong problem solving skills and demonstrate the ability to work independently, communicating effectively across multiple technical teams.
Our current tech stack includes AWS, GCP, Terraform, Linux, Python, Git and Jenkins.
What You’ll Do
- Engineer solutions in alignment with the Cybersecurity engineering roadmap, and maintain processes for the delivery of highly complex secure systems, cyber applications, technical projects, and regulatory and risk requirements.
- Facilitate process engineering, risk remediation, and mitigation of operational risk in a high-velocity culture by collaborating to introduce technology, requirements, deliverables, gaps, and systems design.
- Contribute to analyzing cyber technologies, metrics models, and performance indicators.
- Identify robust solutions and build resilient next-generation systems to solve business challenges and enhance the control environment.
How You’ll Do It
- Manage relationships with security partners and vendors.
- Ensure compliance with audit, regulatory, and legal requirements.
- Analyze, design, and develop security solutions with Cybersecurity architects to ensure they are consistent with corporate technology goals and risk tolerance levels.
- Provide direction to infrastructure, operations, data, and application developments groups throughout the transitioning phase, implementation in production, and beyond.
- Validate current- and future-state architectural models to assess impact across assigned Cybersecurity technology systems.
- Provide subject matter expertise for supported security technologies and during escalations.
- Oversee security requirements and technical specifications to guide project implementation toward successful solution delivery.
- Maintain knowledge of engineering next-gen designs, security trends, threats, and attack techniques.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with management, peers, project managers, and internal customers.
- Design and engineer solutions to align with the Cybersecurity strategy.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in information security, information technology, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in information security, security engineering, or related field
- In Lieu of education,6+ years of experience in information security, security engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of experience working with AWS or GCP Cloud Technologies
- Strong understanding of authentication, authorization and permission mechanism in AWS or GCP
- Strong understanding of most widely used AWS Product and Services suite (EC2, S3, VPC, RDS, dynamoDB, Lambda, KMS, SQS, SNS etc.), their use cases, best practices and implementation, and approaches to take in securing such services, or similar experience in GCP
- Experience with logging, monitoring and alerting technologies in AWS or GCP
- Experience in Python Programming, writing test cases and managing code in Github.
- Experience writing infrastructure as code in Terraform.
- Exceptional communication and problem solving skills.
#BI-Remote #Remote # LI-LJ1
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.